At Constellation all of our employees are committed to meeting the unmet medical needs of patients. We are passionate about our work and strive for scientific breakthroughs, viewing each day as an opportunity to learn from one another. At Constellation we work hard and play hard. Whether it’s a charity bike race, family fun or getting together after work, we enjoy our colleagues’ company outside of the labs and meeting rooms. We believe that the key to a successful company are passionate, challenged, appreciated, and rewarded employees.
We are looking for the following full time positions to join our organization, contribute to an outstanding research, development and business team and be part of the next major product engine leveraging insights from the rapidly expanding field of chromatin biology to discover and develop small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, inflammatory/immunologic disorders and other diseases.
Research Assistant – Cell Culture (Biology)
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is committed to developing cutting edge therapies based on our understanding of how epigenetic mechanisms impact important cellular processes, including transcription, replication, and DNA repair in the areas of oncology and immunology. We are seeking a detail-oriented Research Assistant with a background in cell culture to support drug discovery in a highly collaborative, goal-oriented, and fast-moving environment. This position requires excellent time management, organization, and communication skills, along with a customer service oriented “can-do” attitude.
The main responsibility is mammalian cell culture. The Research Assistant will manage and maintain cells lines to support drug discovery activities in the Biology and Immunology Departments. Other responsibilities include: maintaining high functioning and organized tissue culture rooms, large volume media preparation and maintenance of stocks of other cell culture reagents, and managing and updating our liquid nitrogen cell line inventory. He/she will also assist with molecular biology and protein characterization experiments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology or relevant field.
- Experience with in mammalian cell culture is required.
- Must have strong communication skills and be capable of working in a broader team to provide superior customer service.
- Postgraduate laboratory experience preferred.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques is also preferred.
JOB CODE: RACCP
Senior Research Associate – Biology
Department of Biology is looking for an experienced senior level research associate to conduct oncology target validation and preclinical drug discovery project support in a highly collaborative, goal-oriented team environment.
- Conduct hands-on laboratory work and generate and evaluate data. You will be primarily responsible for execution of experiments to understand the mechanism of target action in the context of disease-relevant molecular pathways and to prioritize targets for our oncology drug discovery pipeline.
- Develop and execute novel cell based assays for a wide variety of biological/phenotypic endpoints in a preclinical setting.
- Analysis and interpretation of generated datasets
- Detail oriented, keep good scientific records, give updates at team meetings.
- Flexibility to work across diverse areas to support general research activities in the group in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines.
- B.S. /M.S. degree in life sciences with at least 3-5 years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Strong hands-on experience with commonly used techniques in cancer biology such as viability assays, cell cycle analysis, pathway assays is required. Chromatin biology experience (ChIPSeq, histone modification, DNA methylation) ideal.
- In depth knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques including protein analysis, chromatin immunoprecipitation, cloning, cell transfection (cDNA, siRNA, shRNA and/or CRISPRs), stable cell clone generation, cloning/mutagenesis
- Extensive cell culture expertise with cancer cell lines, developing and executing cell based assays in a preclinical setting. Experience with 3D cancer model systems to study the role of candidate targets in cancer is desirable.
- Familiarity with sequencing technologies and genomic library preparation is a plus.
- Strong communication and organization skills, good working knowledge of MS office, data plotting and graphing software
JOB CODE: SRABV
Scientist – Protein biochemistry and Proteomics
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneer epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced chromatin biologist trained in various aspects of protein biochemistry to join our team. In addition to a strong protein biochemistry background and the ability to lead from the bench, the candidate is expected to make intellectual contributions to advance our projects. The ideal candidate will also have experience with mass spectrometry-based proteomics approaches to handle our interactions with third parties and contribute to proteomics data analysis. The successful applicant will be independent, organized, detail oriented, flexible, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
- PhD and postdoctoral training in chromatin biology and protein biochemistry
- Track record of significant contributions to advance our mechanistic understanding of how chromatin regulatory events impact the regulation of transcription
- Extensive experience with purification of chromatin-associated protein complexes using conventional purification (e.g. IEX,SEX, RP, AFF) and immunoaffinity chromatography techniques
- Experience with devising and implementing in vitro biochemical assays that provide a functional assessment of protein of interest
- Extensive experience with recombinant protein production using heterologous expression systems
- Proficient in standard molecular and protein biochemistry techniques and handling of AEKTA FPLC equipment
- Strong publication record and expert knowledge of chromatin regulatory processes
- Experience with LC-MS/MS-based proteomics approaches through collaborations, interaction with core-facilities, CROs or through hands on experience
- Experience with proteomics data analysis tools (e.g. Scaffold, Skyline) desired
- Excellent oral / written communication and presentation skills
JOB CODE: SPBPT
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.