Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneering epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs.
We are seeking an experienced, accomplished and resourceful scientist with a successful track record in in vivo and in vitro pharmacology to join our research group. The role involves working closely with the project team leaders to design, execute and evaluate PK-PD and efficacy studies for lead compounds. The ideal candidate will have significant small molecule drug discovery experience in rodent pharmacology as demonstrated by scientific publications/ patents/ high impact projects. The successful applicant will be independent, organized, detail oriented, flexible, and will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
- Independently design, execute and interpret in vivo pharmacology experiments to characterize small molecule based drug pharmacology and mechanism of action to support projects from early discovery to clinical development
- Manage relationship with external CROs to execute experiments
- Serve as the pharmacology lead/expert on the project teams and effectively work with others in a highly collaborative, matrixed research environment teams
- Formulate data-driven decisions by designing and executing experiments that support critical decision making for the program teams
- Analyze, interpret and communicate data to project teams and senior R&D leadership
- Additional responsibilities may include, collaborating with biology scientists to establish target engagement assays to support drug discovery
- Maintain active and timely records of experiments in appropriate databases and e-notebooks and contribute to active dissemination of data
- Be up-to-date on recent scientific literature and contribute to the understanding of our target space.
- Attend and present at scientific meetings
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology or a related biology discipline, postdoctoral experience and 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Experience with in vivo model selection, design of PK/PD/ efficacy and drug combination studies.
- Experience with small molecule based- drug discovery is required.
- Experience working with CROs and KOLs to conduct in vivo pharmacology experiments is required.
- Extensive laboratory experience developing and conducting in vitro and in vivo assays.
- Prior experience with small animal pharmacology (dosing, bleeding, blood/tissue analysis).
- Proven record of scientific achievements demonstrated by publications and presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise in the area of immuno-oncology and familiarity with syngeneic models a plus.
- Experience with use of PK and PK/PD modeling and simulation software such as WinNonlin or NONMEM a plus.
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.