Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel tumor-targeted and immuno-oncology therapies based on its pioneering research in cancer epigenetics. Founded in 2008 by seasoned scientific, medical and business leaders, Constellation was the first biopharmaceutical company to target selective regulators of epigenetic function as a potential therapeutic approach. With a decade of experience and an unparalleled understanding of the field, Constellation is using its fully integrated drug discovery and development platform to create a robust pipeline of programs across epigenetic targets to develop small-molecule therapies for difficult-to-treat cancers.
The Department of Discovery Biology at Constellation seeks a motivated and experienced Scientist to conduct research to support drug discovery and target ID/validation in a highly collaborative, goal-oriented, fast-paced team environment. The position requires expertise in chromatin biology and/or cancer cell biology and a passion to do high quality scientific research to drive drug discovery programs forward. We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled candidate who will be responsible for the design and execution of experiments to support drug discovery teams.
The primary responsibilities will include,
- Validating cancer biology targets to prioritize them for the drug discovery pipeline. This entails understanding the mechanism of action for diverse epigenetic targets in the context of disease-relevant molecular pathways.
- Contribute to advancing the expertise in the Discovery biology group through the implementation of new technologies, especially in the chromatin biology space and support the company’s infrastructure needs with regard to tools used in cancer research.
- Be part of a highly skilled cross-functional research team that shares a common goal of delivering successful candidates for clinical development.
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Ph.D. in life sciences with emphasis on chromatin and/or cancer biology with 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry
- Broad knowledge and laboratory research experience in epigenetics and/or oncology space as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications
- Flexibility to work across diverse areas, ability to develop and evaluate novel assays for a wide variety of biological/phenotypic endpoints, sequencing technologies, genomic library preparation and data analysis. Willingness to continue in a laboratory focused role
- Strong oral and written communication skills, writing reports and giving updates at team meetings is required. The ability and desire to work in a challenging dynamic environment under tight deadlines is required
- Experience as a biology team lead/ project team lead a plus
JOB CODE: SSBS
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.