The VP Finance is a well-rounded, experienced operational finance professional and will be responsible for oversight of the internal operations of the finance department in a small but growing public company. Reporting to the CFO, this newly created position will work directly within a small, nimble finance group to provide oversight for both the financial reporting and accounting function, and financial planning and analysis, supported by a team of 7– 8 people. Constellation is entering late-stage clinical trials and preparing for commercialization and launch of its lead product candidate. We are #BrighterTogether
How you will spend your day:
- Work with the Controller to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close in accordance with US GAAP.
- Interacting with external auditors and the Audit Committee
- Process improvement across the finance function
- Ensuring compliance with SEC reporting requirements, SOX, tax and payroll obligations
- Cash management/treasury
- Work with the Senior Director, F P & A to develop and execute a financial planning process including long-range and operational (annual) planning
- Monitoring progress against those plans, and flexing the plans as new data become available
- Supported by the Senior Director, F P & A, maintain a corporate valuation model
- Ad hoc projects
Key things about you:
- You will offer fifteen years of accounting/finance experience, preferably with significant experience in the life sciences industry in a public company setting. Experience in commercial-stage companies strongly preferred.
- You will hold a Masters’s degree in Accounting or another discipline, CPA required.
- You have expertise in accounting in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- You have experience in supervising teams.
- You work well in a small team environment and can roll up your sleeves to ensure all department goals are achieved.
- Passionate about process improvement, you have demonstrated a ‘continuous improvement’ mindset.
- You are naturally collaborative and enjoy building relationships with stakeholders outside the Finance function.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment and have demonstrated ability to align the finance function with the growth of a company or organization.
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.