VP Commercial Operations
The Head of Commercial Operations is a strategic and operationally strong leader responsible for defining and building the Commercial Operations function and team. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and serving as a key member of the Commercial Leadership Team, this newly created position will develop and execute the strategy for the Commercial Operations function in a fast-paced environment to ensure launch readiness and successful commercial uptake.
Constellation is entering late-stage clinical trials and preparing for commercialization and launch of its lead product candidate. We are #BrighterTogether!
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work collaboratively with commercial leadership to develop and implement a field deployment strategy to support a growing commercial portfolio.
- Build commercial operational capabilities, including the establishment of individual roles and teams, and all processes, systems and tools required to support Sales, Marketing, and Market Access.
- Rigorously assess each commercial capability to determine whether to build from within or outsource and obtain organizational buy-in to recommendations
- Work cross-functionally to ensure commercial systems launch readiness, including CRM and key reporting and compliance tools.
- Build and manage the day to day activities of Sales Operations including sales planning, sales training and compliance, government reporting, field communications, territory design, incentive compensation, field technologies, sample management, and fleet management
- Oversee establishment of and training on important government and regulatory reporting and compliance activities including those related to sample management and physician payments
- Develop and implement a commercial data strategy to enable achievement of business objectives.
- Build and lead Decision Support function that will procure, collect and store all data for the commercial organization
- Educate Sales team on effective use of data and data reports to analyze and optimize their business
- Build and manage the day to day activities of Marketing Operations including speaker programs development and management, conventions management, content management, meetings management, and promotional materials management
- Build, manage, and evolve the Med/Reg/Legal Review Process to ensure excellence and efficiency
- Work collaboratively with key functions including sales, marketing, IT, forecasting and analytics, and value and access.
Key Things About You:
- 10+ years of relevant commercial experience in biotech/pharma, with at least 5 years of experience in commercial operations, analytics or related functions. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in a high growth, late stage biotech organization preferred
- Experience in specialty markets, particularly oncology or rare diseases, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Have previously built or expanded a Commercial Operations function with additional capabilities and experience supporting a successful launch / post-launch
- High degree of familiarity and previous experience working with a range of commercial data sources for specialty or limited distribution products, including patient-level data.
- Highly analytical; uses data to support decisions; can clearly communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Ability to influence without authority and develop relationships with field-based teams
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can drive towards implementation in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Naturally collaborative commercial leader who is able to drive exceptional cross-functional partnerships with diverse internal and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in a small team environment and can roll up your sleeves to ensure all department goals are achieved.
- An inspirational people leader, recognized for building and managing high-performing cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfortable delivering presentations to a wide range of stakeholders.
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.