Translational Sciences, Director/Sr. Director
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a premier epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs. Our translational capabilities are currently being expanded to ensure the differentiated clinical development of our clinical and pre-clinical assets and we seek talented and experienced individuals who want to participate in developing novel cancer therapeutics.
The Translational Sciences Department is looking for an experienced group leader for our BET inhibitor program, leading the translational development of our Ph3-stage CPI-610 program through potential NDA filing and commercialization. The group leader will report to the department head of Translational Science and lead a group of 5 Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead a group of Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists to develop and implement strategies for clinical biomarker testing, indication expansion, life cycle management, patient stratification, combination therapy, mechanism of action studies, and drug candidate differentiation
- Represent Translational Science on the BET program core team, which leads the clinical development and life-cycle management of the CPI-0610 program; lead CPI-0610 preclinical sub-team, which include multiple preclinical functions and reports to the core team
- Develop clinical biomarker testing strategies for all CPI-0610 clinical trials, collaborate with clinical team and clinical assay development team in clinical sample collection and testing, and communicate translational designs and findings with clinical investigators
- Author and review the translational sections of regulatory documents as well as scientific/clinical publications, and represent CNST to present translational findings at scientific congresses and investigator meetings
- Manage external collaborations with KOLs and clinical investigators aimed at gaining a deeper understanding of MOA and the development of patient stratification biomarkers
- Assemble and manage a high-performance translational team to ensure successful preclinical and clinical development of our BET inhibitor program
Experience / Qualifications:
- D. in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology, medical science, or related fields is required
- At least eight years of drug development experience in industry is required
- At least five years of management experience in industry is required, with adequate experience in managing PhD level scientists
- Experience in leading biomarker testing in clinical trials for oncology drug development is required
- Experience with small molecule drug development is required
- Outstanding track record of scientific achievement and excellent soft skills are required
- Deep understanding of epigenetics is preferred
- NDA experience preferred
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.