Translational Sciences, Director
As an integrated function within the Translational Sciences Department this position will be the primary point of contact in supporting immuno-oncology focused clinical trials from a translational biology perspective. The responsibilities range from clinical sample logistics, execution of biomarker assays, and data analysis and interpretation. The incumbent will work in a team environment with Translational Sciences Leadership and the Immunology Team to evolve and implement Constellation’s biomarker strategy, with the Clinical Team to support effective execution of clinical studies and with the Immunology Team to complete pre-clinical data packages for IO assets. The optimal candidate needs to be able to independently guide the establishment and implementation of clinical assays to determine patient immune phenotypes at baseline and upon treatment with Constellation’s therapeutics. S/He will also be responsible for coordinating and managing IO biomarker work with external vendors and academic laboratories conducted on behalf of/in collaboration with Constellation.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Enable and guide Constellation’s IO-focused clinical trials from a translational perspective by overseeing the validation of epi/IO biomarkers and contributing to the generation and testing of novel immuno-epigenetic hypotheses
- Collaborate with Constellation Immunology Team to generate data towards biomarker identification, biomarker credentialing and identification of useful IO combinations
- Evaluate IO clinical biomarker assay technology platforms to identify robust, timely and cost-effective biomarker assay solutions
- Transfer immune phenotyping and functional assays developed in house to CROs and ensure their successful execution
- Select vendors and academic laboratories for biomarker assay implementation and execution; coordinate/manage their work flow and budgets and ensure timely delivery of biomarker data
- Analyze biomarker data obtained from clinical samples, relating it to PK, safety and efficacy; help with internal and external data dissemination
- Contribute to the overall biomarker strategy for IO clinical trial support, including prioritization of optimal biomarkers to be evaluated, determination of appropriate tissue samples, relevant time points, and sampling processes
- Team-oriented mode of operation and collaborative work with peers in Translation and colleagues in Clinical and Discovery to assess the utility and feasibility of candidate biomarkers
- Assist the clinical operations team and potentially write the biomarker sections of clinical protocols, lab manuals and study reports
Experience / Qualifications:
- Ph.D., or equivalent degree is required
- At least 10 years relevant experience with a minimum of 5 years in industry
JOB CODE: TSD
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.