Translational Science, Clinical Biomarker Assay Specialist
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneering epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs.
At Constellation we know that our success as a company lies in the hands of individual employees across every element of our company. To foster this success, we strive to create a diverse, challenging, exciting, and fun work environment for all employees. We believe that each team member has the ability to impact and improve the lives of patients. We are #BrighterTogether.
As an integrated function within the Translational Sciences Department, this position will be responsible for sample logistics, implementation of biomarker assays, evaluation of technology platforms and contribution to biomarker data analysis in support of clinical development efforts. You will work in a team environment with Translational Sciences Leadership to evolve and implement biomarker assay strategy and with the Clinical Team to support effective execution of clinical samples. You will use your planning experience to independently guide the establishment and implementation of clinical sample shipping, storage and processing, and establish and execute on biomarker assays (including understanding the technological mechanisms and limitations of each clinical assay modality). Further, you will coordinate and manage biomarker work with external vendors and academic laboratories conducted on behalf of/in collaboration with client company.
How you will spend your day:
- Guide the establishment, implementation and improvement of clinical sample logistics (collection, shipping, storage and processing) across the entire clinical portfolio
- Stay up to date on new biomarker technologies and their applicability to biomarker strategies for clinical programs. Work with Translational Reps to recommend assays for biomarker evaluation and Clinical Operations to implement appropriate collection strategies at sites.
- Select vendors and academic laboratories for biomarker assay implementation, validation, and execution; coordinate/manage their work flow and budgets and ensure timely delivery of biomarker data
- Compile and manage clinical biomarker data in stream across trials and perform first-pass analysis on incoming data for QC and LLOD metrics. Work with Bioinformatics and Translational Reps to identify relevant signals in data for patient response and PD.
- Maintain and continue to develop a Translational database of clinical sample inventory and biomarker assay results.
- Team-oriented mode of operation and collaborative work with peers in Translation and colleagues in Clinical and Discovery to assess the utility and feasibility of candidate biomarker assay
- Assist the clinical operations team and potentially contribute to the biomarker sections of clinical protocols, lab manuals and study reports
Key things about you:
- You relish working in a matrix organization, using the power of the team to accomplish lofty goals
- You can offer a BS/MS. degree and at least seven years relevant experience with a minimum of three years in industry
- You have significant experience in both Translational Sciences and Biomarker Discovery
- You can ideally also offer experience with Clinical Sample Logistics and Small Molecule Drug Development
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about cancer biology, oncogenic driver pathways and their relevance to the clinical drug development
- You have highly knowledgeable in the area of oncology clinical trial design
- You can offer a solid understanding of genetic/genomic and bioinformatic technologies in order to guide their application in translational approaches, especially in oncology
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.