Translational Computational Biologist
We are looking for a motivated computational biologist / bioinformatician to innovate in a team supporting the advancement of portfolio small molecule inhibitors into clinical trials in targeted cancer indications and patient populations. The ideal candidate will have experience in the area of translational bioinformatics and will work to build on cutting-edge research in chromatin biology to make a difference for patients. You will have the ability to analyze and integrate preclinical and clinical data to identify novel biomarkers with the goal of enriching our patient populations, identifying those who are most likely to achieve clinical benefit. To be the best fit for this job, you will bring a high level of motivation and collaboration, and a passion to contribute to high quality scientific research with direct impact on our clinical programs. We are #BrighterTogether.
How you will spend your day:
- Analyzing clinical and translational patient data from Constellation clinical trials to identify patterns and biomarkers of response
- Mining publicly available and proprietary oncology-focused genomic databases to make novel insights and generate new hypotheses
- Collaborating with scientists in the translational group to design, analyze, and interpret preclinical genomic, transcriptomic, and epigenomic NGS datasets to refine target hypotheses and identify biomarkers with the goal of determining the best clinical contexts for our therapeutic compounds
- Integrating and organizing clinical and translational data within our functional genomics and bioinformatics architecture
- Interpreting results and building tools to facilitate the effective communication and exploration of data to internal scientific and clinical teams
Key things about you:
- You have a Ph.D. degree plus substantial work experience in bioinformatics or computational biology
- Experience in the design, analysis, visualization, and interpretation of NGS experiments, including RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, single cell RNA-seq, and other novel technologies
- Experience in mining and analysis of public oncology genomic databases, such as TCGA, cbioportal, etc.
- Experience identifying oncology-based biomarkers from preclinical or clinical data
- Expertise in R and Bioconductor, cloud computing, and modern scripting languages
- Proficiency with Spotfire and other data exploration/visualization tools highly desired
- Familiarity with chromatin biology, epigenetics, cancer biology, and/or signaling pathways is highly desirable
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and execute in a dynamic organization
- You enjoy spending time and excel at synthesizing data, and effectively communicating complex ideas to a broad scientific audience
- And importantly, you want to work as part of a multi-functional team having an impact on the treatment of patients
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.