Director | Supply Chain Management
The Director of Supply Chain Management is a key position within the Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls function. You will manage the supply chain for a portfolio of development programs across all phases of development through collaboration with various functions including external CRO’s and CDMO’s
Who we are:
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneering epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. We believe that each team member has the ability to impact and improve the lives of patients. We are #BrighterTogether.
How you will spend your day:
- Enjoy the full spectrum of supply chain requirements across all phases of the drug development lifecycle, covering small molecule drug product and including both clinical supply management and developing a commercial supply chain network.
- Develops and implements organization-wide and site-specific strategies for product development and manufacturing; ensures success of all production activities and projects including build-out, commissioning and qualification, facility start-up, and reliable clinical and future commercial manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for long-range strategic planning for Constellation’s manufacturing and supply chain operations.
- Understand and translate clinical study requirements into demand for drug substance and drug product for individual and collective studies for each development program.
- Negotiates and administers contracts with suppliers, and contract manufacturing organizations. Performs on-site visits as needed to key global suppliers
- Develops long-term strategies to establish and maintain a robust commercial supply chain, enact appropriate risk mitigation procedures, and monitor and identify future market trends.
- Develop supply options for individual/groups of clinical studies. This will include alignment of sourcing activities, detailed plans including timing of investments (e.g. inventory build-up for drug substance and drug product), identification and management of risks.
- Ensures effective communication with customers and supply chain partners.
- Manage change in demand and supply, resolve issues, escalating when appropriate.
- Coordinate shipments of in-process GMP materials and released clinical materials between vendors and storage sites.
- Support business operations of CMC activities including managing submission business and technical agreements through internal approval process and tracking project billing against SOWs and approved budget.
- Support Monthly clinical and pipeline supply planning meeting.
Key things about you:
- BS or advanced degree in biology, chemistry, or engineering disciplines with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industries, ideally in a manufacturing leadership role within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry; small molecule experience required
- Leadership experience with clinical supply chain development, manufacturing strategy development, establishing short and long-rang operational and strategic plans, and delivering results within tight project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage supplier relationships for clinical and commercial manufacturing, including relationship building, improvement of execution deliverables and contract negotiation.
- Experience in overseeing manufacturing/labeling/packaging for global markets to support product launch and commercialization is required.
- Proven understanding of global distribution requirements and industry best practices.
- Outstanding interpersonal verbal, written, and presentation skills in communication with internal and external colleagues and partners.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, rapid growth, and adapt to change
- Ability to accommodate domestic and international travel at the request of the business (approximately 25-30%).
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.