Scientist/Senior Scientist, Translational Sciences
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company using its expertise in epigenetics to discover and develop novel therapeutics that address serious unmet medical needs in patients with cancers associated with abnormal gene expression or drug resistance. Constellation’s integrated epigenetics platform includes a deep understanding of the biology of regulation of gene expression by epigenetic regulatory proteins, the development of small-molecule product candidates that selectively modulate their activity and the design of clinical development programs supported by novel biomarker strategies. The company is able to target a broad variety of epigenetic regulators using its platform and has generated development candidates acting against distinct classes of those regulators, such as CPI-0610, a potent and selective BET inhibitor, and CPI-0209, a second-generation EZH2 inhibitor. Constellation continues to leverage this platform to develop these product candidates and to discover and develop additional product candidates.
With the expanding portfolio at Constellation, we are looking for an experienced and motivated translational scientist/senior scientist to join the translational sciences group to contribute IND enabling studies and translate new programs from preclinical space to clinical stage. As key contributor for this program, you will work with both the in-house team as well as external collaborators in indication selection, biomarker identification as well as develop combination strategies. As the program moves to the clinical stage, your responsibility will expand into clinical biomarker analysis, reverse translational research, and new indications development.
We are #BrighterTogether.
In this role you will:
- Be a key contributor to translational sciences programs, deliver scientific discoveries to guide decision-making and contribute to clinical development strategy at team meetings
- Identify and validate biological contexts that create a dependency on targets to aid indication/context prioritization for clinical development
- Participate in the identification and clinical translation of biomarker assays that assess drug pharmacodynamics and allow testing of preclinical response hypotheses enabling a differentiating path for clinical development
- Supervise external efforts with CROs and/or academic collaborators
- Interpret, summarize and present research findings at internal and external scientific meetings
We are looking for people who have:
- Ph.D. in molecular or cellular biology, or a related field, with an emphasis on cancer biology, and 3 – 5 years of industry experience, preferably in a translational sciences role supporting clinical trials; chromatin biology or epigenetics experience a plus.
- Peer-reviewed publications that show broad knowledge and laboratory research experience in oncology, preferably in hematology-oncology
- Love the details, are self-motivated and able to work independantly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.