Senior Scientist | Medicinal Chemistry
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development of novel tumor-targeted and immuno-oncology therapies based on its pioneering research in cancer epigenetics. With over a decade of experience in the field, the company has an unparalleled understanding of how chromatin biology modulates gene expression. Constellation is translating these insights to advance the company’s two lead clinical programs, EZH2 and BET, in addition to a portfolio of novel targets for which cancer epigenetics plays a central role.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced medicinal chemist to join our team. In addition to strong synthetic chemistry and the ability to lead from the bench, the ideal candidate will also have experience with multi-parameter optimization, a broad understanding of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery with the experience to lead a multidisciplinary drug discovery team. The successful candidate will be independent, organized, detail oriented, flexible, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment. We are #BrighterTogether.
Key things about you:
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry with 6-15 yrs industrial experience in medicinal chemistry
- Excellent laboratory skills
- Ability to work independently and work with (or lead) a multidisciplinary team of medicinal chemists, biologists, pharmacologists and external collaborators
- Strong experience with structure-based drug design is preferred
- Proficient in identifying structure activity relationships (SAR) to address potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics and in vivo efficacy
- Proven track record of sustained high performance and innovative project contributions, including patents, presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience running hit-to-lead and/or lead optimization medicinal chemistry programs
- Able to engage and influence senior leadership in strategic discussions
- Excellent oral / written communication and presentation skills
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.