Sr Research Scientist – Immuno-Oncology
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company using expertise in epigenetics to discover and develop novel therapeutics that address serious unmet medical needs in patients with cancers associated with abnormal gene expression.
Our integrated epigenetics platform enables us to validate targets and generate small molecules against these targets that selectively modulate gene expression in tumor and immune cells to drive anti-tumor activity. That integrated epigenetics platform includes a deep understanding of the biology of regulation of gene expression by epigenetic regulatory proteins, or epigenetic regulators, the development of small-molecule product candidates that selectively modulate their activity and the design of clinical development programs supported by novel biomarker strategies. We are able to target a broad variety of epigenetic regulators using our platform and have generated development candidates acting against distinct classes of those regulators.
As an integrated function within the immuno-oncology department this position will be responsible for advancing immuno-epigenetic discovery programs, supporting the discovery and implementation of Constellation’s immune biomarker strategy and completing the pre-clinical data packages for the advanced immune-epigenetic assets. The successful candidate will work as part of the Constellation immuno-oncology and research teams, with academic collaborators as well as with the research leadership team to evolve and implement Constellation’s research and translational strategy. Candidates must be able to independently coordinate multidisciplinary research team efforts, perform experiments, organize work and analyze results, communicate and present findings at internal and external meetings.
- Able to work independently, creatively and collaboratively to determine methods and procedures, design and execute experiments to characterize the mechanism of action and the effects of small molecule drug candidates on the in vitro and in vivo modulation of immune function and antitumor immunity
- Able to apply technical and functional breadth of knowledge as well as prior work experience and use a high level of scientific judgment to base decisions on key scientific questions, challenge assumptions, complete the work and meet aggressive goals and timelines
- Independently analyze, interpret, and present the data and project updates at internal and external meetings
- Effectively communicate and gather input from colleagues to ensure quality of judgment and data interpretation
- Able to coordinate cross-functional team work
- Assume a leading intellectual and technical strategic role in the research strategy and in moving projects anywhere from early discovery to clinical development
- Ph.D. in immunology or closely related scientific discipline
- 5+ years of post-doctoral research experience in immunology and/or immuno-oncology
- Industry experience preferred
- Track record of significant contributions to the immunology field and/or drug discovery projects and teams
- Specific expertise in T cell, dendritic cell and macrophage biology
- Proficiency in in vitro phenotypical and functional immune cell-based assays and in vivo studies
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency in executing major immunological techniques, i.e., multiparameter flow cytometry, ex vivo immune cell isolation, tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte profiling
- Experience with molecular immunological assays and transcriptomics is highly preferred
- Capable of working on multiple projects in parallel
- Knowledge in the oncology and immuno-oncology therapeutic areas is highly desirable
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication and interpersonal skill, as well as outstanding collaborative and teamwork skills
JOB CODE: SRS-IO
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.