Sr. Director Business Development
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing tumor-targeted and immuno-oncology therapies based on its pioneering research in cancer epigenetics. With over a decade of experience in the field, the company has an unparalleled understanding of how chromatin biology modulates gene expression. Constellation is translating these insights to advance the company’s two lead clinical programs targeting EZH2 and BET toward therapies initially for patients living with prostate cancer and myelofibrosis. The company’s research team continues to explore novel epigenetic targets and small-molecule approaches that may be useful for cancer treatment.
The breadth of Constellation’s development and preclinical pipeline drives twin needs for clear understanding of the external partnering / non-dilutive capital opportunities, along with the development of a viewpoint on the value of each Constellation program. This important Business Development role will be accountable for sourcing, structuring and the execution of transaction opportunities, supporting the development of overall Corporate Development Strategy, and contributing to our understanding of the opportunities for our pipeline assets.
You will be accountable for key transactions and will work with our Development Programs, Research Leaders, and the Management Team to craft the story, identify targets, and drive execution of transaction opportunities. Further, you will help shape the development of the Corporate Development group and business processes as we grow. Join us in defining the business opportunities for our novel therapeutics and be #BrighterTogether with us.
How you will spend your day:
- You will work closely with the SVP, Corporate Development and other members of the senior Management Team to drive business development efforts based on the overall corporate strategy, portfolio opportunities and risks, financing needs and organizational capabilities.
- Lead and execute business development initiatives in close partnership with the SVP, Corporate Development including partner identification, outreach, managing the “sell” process, and structuring/negotiation/execution of business development transactions.
- Lead due diligence coordination associated with transaction efforts.
- Develop business analyses to support pipeline asset valuation and evaluate impact from changes in customer and competitive landscape.
- Work with Development Program and Research Project teams to identify portfolio, financing and/or organizational gaps and develop plans for how to best address these gaps.
- Cultivate a strong and effective partnership with the Research and Translational teams to build the data-based story supporting partnering opportunities for early stage assets.
- Support development of commercial and competitive strategy for portfolio assets.
- Provide regular presentations on business development opportunities, pipeline, competitive analysis and other in various company forums.
Key things about you:
- You have an advanced degree (PhD, MD) or significant exposure to early stage biopharma R&D processes
- You have spent time in Biotech / pharma on the sell-side of business development
- Investment banking / venture / consulting exposure
- You have held cross-functional leadership roles with results linked to conflict/issue resolution, time-critical project management, negotiation, consensus-building, and financial accountability
- You are fluent in drug development processes and have prior exposure to oncology drug development or commercialization
- Your interpersonal and organizational communication skills are excellent; you are effective at communications at all organizational levels
- You have a track record demonstrating your success working in a matrix and direct leadership roles
- You are analytical, challenge-focused, and have a value creation mindset with a bias toward action
- A “player-coach” you are willing to roll up your sleeves and dive deep into operational issues that may inform strategic thinking, without compromising functional integrity
- Extensive experience with asset valuation
- Integrity always
- You are resilient, highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, and love details
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offer great benefits including all the usual important stuff, paid parking or commuter pass, flexibility, generous time off, favorite snacks and a Cambridge Athletic Club in the building.
If you are interested in joining Constellation’s team please submit your resume to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.