Research Associate/Senior Research Associate | Translational Sciences
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a premier epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs. We are expanding our translational capabilities to ensure the differentiated clinical development of our clinical and pre-clinical assets and we look for talented and experienced individuals who want to participate in developing novel cancer therapeutics. We are #BrighterTogether.
The Translational Sciences Department is looking for a talented individual to conduct biomarker discovery and mechanism of action studies to help us ensure the differentiated development of our clinical and pre-clinical assets. The candidate will work with the translational team on our clinical stage EZH2 Franchise in a collaborative and fast-paced setting contributing to studies that will directly impact clinical decision-making. We seek a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with experience in cell and molecular biology to join our team and help us develop novel cancer therapeutics.
How you will spend your day:
- Executing experiments to identify novel biomarkers and helping to understand the mechanism of action for clinical and preclinical small molecule inhibitors
- Performing a wide variety of laboratory techniques, including evaluation of efficacy in cell culture models, transfections, immuno-precipitation, western blotting, qPCR, and chromatin-related techniques (ChIP- and ATAC-seq)
- Identifying and implementing novel assays and techniques for a variety of biological/phenotypic endpoints
- Analyzing and interpreting generated datasets
- Maintaining detailed scientific records
- Providing verbal and written updates at team meetings
Key things about you:
- BS/MS degree in life sciences with 3+ years of industry experience is required
- Expertise in cell culture techniques with cancer cell lines, including multi-well assays to evaluate viability and molecular endpoints, and standard molecular biology techniques (western blotting, qPCR, etc.)
- Experience with chromatin-based techniques (ChIP- and ATAC-seq) is a plus
- Good working knowledge of industry-standard software (MS Office, GraphPad, etc.)
- Flexibility to collaborate with several project teams
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently
- Excellent record keeping and the use of electronic notebook systems are essential
- Impeccable communication skills are essential
- Eager, proactive and collaborative approach to each day
- Friendly to others and generally a pleasure to be around
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.