Sr. Director, Medicinal Chemistry
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced medicinal chemist to join our team as the leader of the medicinal chemistry team. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, leading and mentoring PhD and non-PhD medicinal chemists, direct project leadership, contribution to new target identification and validation, competitor analysis, intellectual property strategy, collaboration discussions, oversight of external chemistry and additional CRO efforts, project & portfolio strategy, and planning & managing of departmental budget. Strong synthetic chemistry knowledge and experience leading projects from target ID to candidate selection is a must, with preference for those who have experience working with structural enabled targets and computational chemistry applications to drug discovery. The ideal candidate will have experience leading small / medium-sized chemistry teams, external chemistry resources, and multidisciplinary drug discovery teams. The successful candidate will be independent, organized, detail oriented, flexible, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment. We are #BrighterTogether.
Key things about you:
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry with >15 yrs industrial experience in medicinal chemistry
- Excellent knowledge of contemporary synthetic chemistry methodology
- Ability to work independently and lead multidisciplinary teams of medicinal chemists, biologists, pharmacologists and external collaborators
- Experience leading a team of medicinal chemists, preferably with experience leading teams comprised of PhD and non-PhD scientists
- Strong experience with structure-based drug design and computational chemistry is desired
- Proficient in identifying structure activity relationships (SAR) to address potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics and in vivo efficacy
- Proven track record of sustained high performance and innovative project contributions, including patents, presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
- Knowledge of IP, budgets and experience overseeing external CRO teams is preferred
- Able to engage and influence senior leadership in strategic discussions
- Experience mentoring junior scientists and developing the careers of others
- Excellent oral / written communication and presentation skills
- You can work well both independently and as part of a team and are flexible, organized and detail orientated.
- You thrive in dynamic, fast paced team environments.
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.