Scientist | Translational Sciences
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a premier epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs. Our translational capabilities are being currently expanded to ensure the differentiated clinical development of our clinical and pre-clinical assets and we look for talented and experienced individuals who want to participate in developing novel cancer therapeutics.
The Department of Translational Sciences at Constellation seeks a motivated scientist to conduct research to support translational research of our clinical stage small molecule inhibitor program. This person will identify predictive biomarkers for enrichment of patient populations most likely to respond to our agents in the clinic, and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to monitor target engagement. The position requires expertise in cancer biology and/or chromatin biology, and a passion to contribute to high quality scientific research to drive programs into the clinic. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent, and skilled candidate who will be responsible for planning, execution, interpretation and presentation of data to drive translational programs. We are #BrighterTogether.
How you will spend your day:
- Key contributor to translational science of clinical stage programs, and delivery of scientific discoveries impacting decision-making at team meetings
- Design and perform complex chromatin-focused experiments to support hypotheses around the biological functions and molecular mechanisms of oncology targets
- Identification/validation of biological contexts that create a dependency on a given drug target to aid indication/context prioritization for clinical development. This entails both performing and guiding internal efforts, as well as external efforts with CROs or collaborators
- Closely work with bioinformatics group to use genomic, epigenomic, and/or transcriptomic data to generate novel biomarker hypotheses and identify novel biomarkers
- Identification and clinical translation of biomarker assays that assess drug pharmacodynamics, and allow testing of preclinical response hypotheses enabling differentiating path for small molecular inhibitor development
- Management of relationships with external collaborators
- Be part of a highly skilled translational team that shares a common goal of delivering optimal path forward for clinical development
Key things about you:
- Ph.D. in molecular or cellular biological sciences with emphasis on cancer biology, and a minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in industry
- Broad knowledge and laboratory research experience in hematology/oncology and/or epigenetics space as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills, writing reports and giving updates at team meetings is required.
- The ability and desire to work in a challenging dynamic environment under tight deadlines is required
JOB CODE: STS
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.