Scientist – Translational Sciences
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a premier epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs.
The Department of Translational Sciences at Constellation seeks a motivated Scientist to conduct research to support the advancement of portfolio small molecule inhibitors into clinical trials in targeted cancer indications and patient populations. The incumbent will identify predictive biomarkers for enrichment of patient populations most likely to respond to our agents in the clinic, and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to monitor target engagement. The position requires expertise in cancer biology and/or chromatin biology, and a passion to contribute to high quality scientific research to drive programs into the clinic. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent, and skilled candidate who will be responsible for planning, execution, interpretation and presentation of data to drive translational programs.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Key contributor to translational science programs, and delivery of scientific discoveries impacting decision-making at team meetings
- Design and perform complex chromatin-focused experiments to support hypotheses around the biological functions and molecular mechanisms of oncology targets
- Identification/validation of biological contexts that create a dependency on a given drug target to aid indication/context prioritization for clinical development. This entails both performing and guiding internal efforts, as well as external efforts with CROs or collaborators.
- Closely work with bioinformatics group to use genomic, epigenomic, and/or transcriptomic data to generate novel biomarker hypotheses and identify novel biomarkers
- Identification and clinical translation of biomarker assays that assess drug pharmacodynamics, and allow testing of preclinical response hypotheses enabling differentiating path for small molecular inhibitor development
- Be part of a highly skilled translational team that shares a common goal of delivering optimal path forward for clinical development.
- Ph.D. in molecular or cellular biological sciences with emphasis on chromatin and/or cancer biology, and 3-5 years of work experience (post-doctoral, industry position or equivalent)
- Broad knowledge and laboratory research experience in oncology and/or epigenetics space as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications
- Flexibility to work across diverse areas, utilization of next-generation sequencing technologies and familiarity with using pathway analysis and bioinformatics data analysis software
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills, writing reports and giving updates at team meetings is required. The ability and desire to work in a challenging dynamic environment under tight deadlines is required
JOB CODE: STS
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.