Scientist – Translational Sciences
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company using expertise in epigenetics to discover and develop novel therapeutics that address serious needs in patients with cancers associated with abnormal gene expression.
We’re looking for a great scientist to join our Translational Team. This motivated individual will spend their day conducting impactful cutting-edge research to support the advancement of portfolio small molecule inhibitors in clinical trials in targeted cancer indications and patient populations. You will work to deepen our understanding of our targets in specific contexts and to identify predictive biomarkers for enrichment of patient populations most likely to respond to our agents in the clinic. To be the best fit for this job, you will have expertise in cancer and immune cell biology, which will compliment your passion to contribute to high quality scientific research to drive our programs forward. You are driven, independent, and have the skills needed to plan, execute, interpret and present data to drive translational programs. We are #BrighterTogether.
How you will spend your day:
- You will be a key contributor to translational science programs, helping to deliver scientific discoveries impacting decision-making at team meetings
- Designing and performing complex experiments to support hypotheses around the biological functions and molecular mechanisms of BET proteins in myelofibrosis will be your area of expertise
- Identifying and validating biological contexts that create a dependency on BET to aid indication/context prioritization for clinical development. This entails both performing and guiding internal efforts, as well as external efforts with CROs or collaborators.
- Participate in the identification and clinical translation of biomarker assays that assess drug pharmacodynamics and allow testing of preclinical response hypotheses enabling a differentiating path for BET development
Key things about you:
- You have a Ph.D. in molecular or cellular biology or immunology, with an emphasis on cancer biology, and 3-5 years of work experience (post-doctoral, industry position or equivalent)
- You have peer-reviewed publications that show your broad knowledge and laboratory research experience in oncology, preferably in hematology-oncology
- You enjoy and are skilled in in vitro phenotypical and functional immune cell-based assays, as well as multiparameter flow cytometry and ex vivo immune cell isolation, with in vivo pharmacology experience preferred
- Experience with molecular immunological assays and transcriptomics is highly preferred
- You love the details, are self-motivated and able to work solo
- Strong oral and written communication skills – writing reports and giving updates at team meetings is a required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offer great benefits including all the usual important stuff, paid parking or commuter pass, flexibility, generous time off, favorite snacks and a Cambridge Athletic Club in the building.
If you are interested in joining Constellation’s team please submit your resume to the following address: email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.