Scientist/Sr. Scientist – Functional Genomics
The Functional Genomics group at Constellation seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientist or Senior Scientist to be a part of an integrated computational/experimental biology team that addresses key questions in chromatin biology, oncology, and immuno-oncology. Individuals with experience in genetic manipulation/genome editing and an interest in exploring novel functional genomic technologies are desirable. The position requires the ability to succeed in a dynamic, goal-oriented and highly collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assimilating genomic, transcriptomic, and epigenomic data to generate testable hypotheses
- Designing and executing genetic perturbation or genome editing studies to validate the function of target genes or gene control elements
- Exploring the dynamic chromatin and transcriptional events downstream of target inhibition through the use of single cell profiling
- Evaluating and triaging novel omics-based techniques for internalization by the group
- Working across functional groups to support studies in translational and discovery biology
- Communicating data to broad scientific audiences at internal meetings and external conferences
- Ph.D. in life sciences with emphasis on cell or molecular biology with 3-5 years of post-doctoral or industry experience.
- Deep knowledge and laboratory research experience in cancer signaling and transcriptional networks as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications
- Direct experience with genetic perturbation techniques, including CRISPR/Cas9, RNAi, and overexpression
- Experience with analyzing and visualizing omics datasets using common bioinformatics tools
- Ability to work independently in planning, executing and interpreting data and to execute projects in parallel
- Flexibility to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to interact across functional groups
- Understanding of current scientific literature and willingness to explore new areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
JOB CODE: SFG
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.