The Functional Genomics group at Constellation is adding a highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientist to be a part of an integrated computational/experimental biology team that identifies and validates novel oncology and immuno-oncology targets in the area of chromatin-mediated transcriptional regulation. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cancer biology and genetic manipulation/genome editing, and a desire to contribute to an evolving and diverse drug discovery pipeline. If you like to work in a dynamic, goal-oriented and highly collaborative environment this is the role for you!
How you will spend your day:
- Understanding cancer genomics and epigenomics data and formulating testable hypotheses about targets and their link to disease biology
- Designing and executing genetic perturbation or genome editing studies to validate the function of target genes or gene control elements in relevant experimental systems
- Working with colleagues in a variety of functional groups to support studies in discovery biology
- Reading and staying on top of the latest and greatest chromatin biology, functional genomics, and cancer genetics literature to identify new therapeutic opportunities
- Opportunities to communicate data to broad scientific audiences at internal meetings and external conferences
Key things about you:
- Ph.D. in life sciences with emphasis on cell or molecular biology
- Deep knowledge and laboratory research experience in cancer signaling and transcriptional networks as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications
- Direct experience with genetic perturbation techniques, including CRISPR/Cas9, RNAi, and overexpression
- Ability to work independently in planning, executing and interpreting data and to execute projects in parallel
- Flexibility to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to interact across functional groups
- Understanding of current scientific literature and willingness to explore new areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offer great benefits including all the usual important stuff, paid parking or commuter pass, flexibility, generous time off, favorite snacks and a Cambridge Athletic Club in the building.
If you are interested in joining Constellation’s team please submit your resume to the following address: email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.