Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel tumor-targeted and immuno-oncology therapies based on its pioneering research in cancer epigenetics. With a decade of experience and an unparalleled understanding of the field, Constellation is using its fully integrated drug discovery and development platform to create a robust pipeline of programs across epigenetic targets to develop small-molecule therapies for difficult-to-treat cancers.
The Biology group at Constellation seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientist to be a part of cutting edge research that is at the nexus of epigenetics and cancer biology. Individuals with expertise in chromatin biology and/or oncology, and proficiency in target ID/validation are desirable. The position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented and highly collaborative environment, with excellent organizational skills.
The primary responsibilities will include,
- Be a passionate, self-motivated and independent biologist prepared and willing to be a key biologist on a preclinical drug discovery program.
- Utilize genomics based technologies to aid our understanding of the genomic context to better evaluate the utility of a targeted epigenetic inhibitor
- Perform validation of epigenetic targets and understand their mechanism of action in the context of disease-relevant molecular pathways.
- Enable drug discovery program/s by managing and executing cell based assays to triage chemical matter, as well as PD assays to support in vivo studies
- Present data at internal scientific team meetings and at conferences
- Ph.D. in life sciences with emphasis on chromatin and/or cancer biology with 2-3 years of post-doctoral or industry experience.
- Broad knowledge and laboratory research experience in epigenetics and/or cancer signaling pathways as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications
- Strong knowledge of chromatin-based techniques is preferable
- Ability to work independently, in planning, executing and interpreting data in a challenging and dynamic work environment under tight deadlines is vital.
- Flexibility to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, working closely with medicinal chemists, biochemists, structural biologists and bioinformatics group
- Be current with scientific literature and techniques, develop and evaluate novel assays for a wide variety of biological/phenotypic endpoints, utilization of sequencing technologies and familiarity with bioinformatics data analysis software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, writing reports and presenting at team meetings and across the organization is required.
JOB CODE: SBAR
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.