Research Associate – Translational Biology
Our Translational Biology department is seeking an experienced Research Associate to conduct oncology target validation and mechanism of action studies in a highly collaborative, goal-oriented team environment. The position requires excellent hands-on experience with commonly used techniques in cancer cell biology and/or chromatin biology.
- B.S./M.S. degree in life sciences with at least 1-3 years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Excellent cell culture experience with cancer cell lines, setting up multi-well assays and using fluorescence and luminescence based read-out as a functional endpoint.
- In depth knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques, including cell transfection (cDNA, siRNA, shRNA and/or CRISPRs), stable cell clone generation, RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across diverse areas, ability to develop and evaluate novel assays for a wide variety of biological/phenotypic endpoints and to support general research activities within the group.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and organization skills, keeping good scientific records, and giving updates at team meetings.
- You will be expected to work closely with scientists to design and execute cell-based phenotypic and mechanism of action assays in a variety of assay platforms.
- Perform standard cell and molecular biology techniques according to established protocols.
- Generate, analyze, and catalog data using database tools as well as data analysis, plotting and graphing software.
- Document all work in electronic notebooks and present data internally at group meetings
JOB CODE: RA-TB
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.