Research Associate/Senior Research Associate | Discovery Biology
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our team to perform experiments using cellular and molecular immunological assays to interrogate target biology, therapeutic mechanisms of action of lead compounds, and to support I-O biomarker discovery efforts. The successful candidate will work as part of Constellation’s Immuno-Oncology team to support the expansion of our immuno-epigenetic discovery programs and preclinical/clinical pipelines. We are #BrighterTogether.
Title to be based upon qualifications.
How you will spend your day:
- Coordinating and execute cell-based immunoassays to characterize the mechanism of action and activity of small molecule drugs designed to enhance anti-tumor immunity by targeting cancer and/or immune cells
- Performing QC functions, instrument daily start-ups/performance monitoring, and scheduled maintenance. Maintain inventories of cell lines and primary tissue samples
- As a member of drug discovery cross-functional teams, you will set-up and validate new ex vivo and in vivo disease models, and cell-based assays within a project scope
- Acquiring/analyzing data, report the data and troubleshoot for problems in experiments. Present study results at group meetings. Track and report study progress and status with oversight from supervisor and/or project leader
- Preparing initial technical reports, SOPs and experimental protocols, specification/batch records
- Providing project working groups with technical advice and problem troubleshooting related to methods, procedures, instrumentation issues, and suggest process changes to meet objectives
- Interacting daily with supervisor to ensure that the most efficient experimental strategies are being employed
- Maintaining high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature
Key things about you:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a life science field with a minimum of 3 years (for MS) or 6 years (for BS) of relevant laboratory experience
- Industry experience with knowledge of drug discovery process considered a plus
- Passionate and proficient in in vitro and ex vivo phenotypical/functional immune cell-based assays and anti-cancer drug screens
- Experience in human and mouse immunology, including familiarity with I-O animal models and hands-on experience in multiparameter flow cytometry, ex vivo primary/immune cell isolation and culture, and tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte profiling
- Expertise in T cell, dendritic cell, and macrophage biology is preferred
- Experience with MS Office and data analysis software such as FlowJo and GraphPad Prism
- Experience with any of the following assays is preferred: multiplex assays, PDX models, human blood and tumor tissue/tumor cell implant processing
- Experience working and communicating in cross-functional/matrix teams and in a volume project/deadline driven environment
- You are naturally motivated and able to demonstrate good leadership and teamwork skills while taking direction from supervisor
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.