R&D Finance Manager
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small-molecule therapies based on its pioneering research in cancer epigenetics. With a decade of experience in the field, the company has an unparalleled understanding of how epigenetic regulators modulate gene expression in cancer cells and in the tumor and immune microenvironment. Constellation is translating these insights to advance the company’s two lead clinical programs, CPI-1205 and CPI-0610, and in novel targets for which cancer epigenetics may enhance outcomes over currently available treatment options.
Reporting to the Controller, the R&D Finance Manager will be primarily responsible for financial analyses, accounting and reporting relative to our research and development programs. Leveraging prior pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience, advanced analytical skills and experience with clinical trials, the successful candidate will assume a strategic role on a dynamic team working collaboratively across the Company.
- Partner with Financial Planning & Analysis to manage accrual models for clinical studies
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations to review and understand clinical contract terms and clinical development plans
- Be a key contributor to the monthly close process, satisfying PO accrual requirements, identifying clinical study modeling inputs and recording related accruals
- Monitor and report on planned vs. actual clinical trial spend by program
- Prepare monthly management reporting, including metrics, variance analyses and supporting in-depth commentary
- Support benchmarking, scenario planning and forecasting for new and ongoing trials
- Support external audits
- Provide ad hoc financial analyses / data / reporting related to research and development programs
- BS degree in in Health Sciences, Finance and/or Business Administration with 5 years of industry experience
- CPA/MBA preferred
- 3+ years of experience with clinical trial accounting preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of clinical research principles and process
- Knowledge of clinical operations and project management processes
- General understanding of GAAP and financial reporting
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
JOB CODE: RDFM
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.