Research Associate, Translational Biology
Our Translational Biology department is seeking an experienced Research Associate to conduct preclinical research in a highly collaborative, goal-oriented team environment. The position requires excellent hands-on experience with commonly used techniques in cancer cell biology and/or chromatin biology.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- You will be expected to work closely with scientists to design and execute cell-based phenotypic and mechanism of action assays in a variety of assay platforms
- Perform standard cell and molecular biology techniques according to established protocols
- Generate, analyze, and catalog data using database tools as well as data analysis, plotting and graphing software
- Document all work in electronic notebooks and present data internally at group meetings
Key Things About You:
- B.S./M.S. degree in life sciences with at least 3 years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Excellent cell culture experience with cancer cell lines, setting up multi-well assays and using fluorescence and luminescence-based read-out as a functional endpoint
- In depth knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques, including cell transfection (cDNA, siRNA, shRNA and/or CRISPRs), stable cell clone generation, RNA/DNA extraction, qPCR, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Flexibility and willingness to work across diverse areas, ability to develop and evaluate novel assays for a wide variety of biological/phenotypic endpoints and to support general research activities within the group
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and organization skills, keeping good scientific records, and giving updates at team meetings
- This is a full time, onsite laboratory position
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.