Research Associate / Sr Research Associate, Functional Genomics
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneering epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs.
At Constellation we know that our success as a company lies in the hands of individual employees across every element of our company working together. To foster this success, we strive to create a diverse, challenging, exciting, and fun work environment for all employees. We believe that each team member can impact and improve the lives of patients. We are #BrighterTogether.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our Functional Genomics team. The successful candidate will help support our efforts to identify and validate novel therapeutic targets through genetic perturbation and chemical biology approaches.
Title will be based upon qualifications.
How you will spend your day:
- Identify suitable genetic tools (RNAi and/or CRISPR) or small molecule probe compounds to study the cellular phenotypes of target knockdown or inhibition
- Profile the consequences of cellular target knockdown/inhibition using techniques including Western Blotting, ELISA, qPCR, flow cytometry, cell viability and proliferation assays, etc.
- Independently design cell and molecular biology experiments, acquire, analyze and interpret data, and communicate findings at group and team meetings
- Document experiments in lab notebook, and write up experimental protocols
- Present at and actively participate in project team meetings
- Work collaboratively as a member of an integrated computational/experimental biology group
Key things about you:
- BS/MS degree in Cell or Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or another relevant life science field
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant research experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting
- Background in cancer biology is preferred
- Extensive hands-on experience culturing adherent and suspension cancer cell lines
- Proficiency in Western Blotting, ELISA, and qPCR
- Familiarity with DNA cloning, RNAi, CRISPR/Cas9, transfection, lentiviral transduction, and chemical biology tools is desired
- Experience with MS Office and data analysis software such as GraphPad Prism
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and strong record keeping skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated with a positive can-do attitude and demonstrated problem-solving competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys working collaboratively in a team setting
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, partnership status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.