Principal Research Associate / Research Specialist
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneering epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs.
At Constellation we know that our success as a company lies in the hands of individual employees across every element of our company working together. To foster this success, we strive to create a diverse, challenging, exciting, and fun work environment for all employees. We believe that each team member can impact and improve the lives of patients. We are #BrighterTogether.
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Research Associate/Research Specialist to join our Discovery Biology group. The successful candidate will help support our efforts to identify new therapeutic targets and drug candidates for our epigenetic drug discovery programs.
Title will be based upon qualifications
How you will spend your day:
- Independently design, execute and trouble-shoot cell-based assays in order to deepen biological understanding of potential targets and characterize mechanism of action and activity of small molecule therapeutics
- Acquire, analyze and interpret data and communicate results to project teams and management
- Prepare and maintain lab notebook, SOPs and experimental protocols
- Work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary project team
Key things about you:
- BS/MS degree in a life science field with a minimum of 5+ years of relevant research experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting
- Background in cancer biology and experience profiling small molecules highly preferred
- Extensive cell culture experience and demonstrated expertise developing and executing cell-based assays
- Experience in cell and molecular biology techniques including; Western Blotting, MSD, AlphaLisa, qPCR, cell proliferation assays and use of RNAi/CRISPR.
- Experience with flow cytometry and in vivo tissue processing a plus
- Experience with MS Office and data analysis software such as GraphPad Prism
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Naturally motivated and demonstrated problem-solving and teamwork skills
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.