Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Discovery Biology
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneering epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs.
At Constellation we know that our success as a company lies in the hands of individual employees across every element of our company working together. To foster this success, we strive to create a diverse, challenging, exciting, and fun work environment for all employees. We believe that each team member can impact and improve the lives of patients. We are #BrighterTogether.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our Discovery Biology group. The successful candidate will help support our efforts to identify new therapeutic targets and drug candidates for our epigenetic drug discovery programs.
Title will be based upon qualifications.
How you will spend your day:
- Identify suitable genetic tools (RNAi and/or CRISPR) to study the cellular phenotypes of target knockdown
- Profile the consequences of cellular target knockdown using techniques including Western Blotting, ELISA, qPCR, flow cytometry, cell viability and proliferation assays, etc.
- Design and optimize cell-based assays (eg. AlphaLISA, In Cell Western Blotting, etc.) to enable medium- to high throughput readout of cellular target function and inhibition
- Execute cell-based assays to screen for activity of small molecule inhibitors and to characterize their mechanism of action
- Independently design cell and molecular biology experiments, acquire, analyze and interpret data, and communicate findings to project team
- Document experiments in lab notebook, and write up experimental protocols
- Present at and actively participate in project team meetings
- Work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary project team
Key things about you:
- BS/MS degree in Cell or Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or another relevant life science field
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant research experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting
- Background in cancer biology and profiling of small molecules preferred
- Extensive hands-on experience culturing adherent and suspension cancer cell lines
- Demonstrated expertise developing and executing cell-based assays such as AlphaLISA, In Cell Western Blotting, and cell proliferation assays; accustomed to the use of bioluminescence and fluorescence plate readers and skilled in the analysis of resulting data
- Proficiency in Western Blotting, ELISA, and qPCR
- Familiarity with DNA cloning, RNAi and/or CRISPR tools, transfection, lentiviral transduction, and flow cytometry desired
- Experience with MS Office and data analysis software such as GraphPad Prism
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and strong record keeping skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated with a positive can-do attitude and demonstrated problem-solving competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys working collaboratively in a team setting
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.