VP Medical Affairs
The Head of Medical Affairs is a strategic, experienced scientific / medical leader responsible for building and leading a high performing Medical Affairs function. Reporting to the SVP and Chief Medical Offer, this newly created position will ensure effective medical and scientific partnerships with relevant healthcare providers and patient stakeholders in support of CPI’s product pipeline and disease state initiatives. Constellation is entering late-stage clinical trials and preparing for commercialization and launch of its lead product candidate. We are #BrighterTogether!
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Define and establish a Medical Affairs vision and strategy for CPI, building an operational Medical Affairs Organization to support the launch of CPI’s lead product candidate
- Hire and lead a small but nimble team of top Medical talent to build an integrated Global Medical Affairs function (within the Clinical and Medical Affairs department).
- Establish and oversee relevant systems and processes to support business needs and ensure compliant, consistent and ethical operations. This includes (but not limited to): Medical-scientific communications, publication strategy and planning, medical education and grants, medical information, health economics and outcomes research (including insight mining and RWE), customer-relationship management platform, expanded access program, investigator- initiated trial strategy
- Lead the development and adoption of processes to accommodate new or changing external requirements in support of medical affairs activities, keeping current with regulations and requirements in the global environment.
- Provide Medical Affairs support of the strategic planning, authoring, and review of manuscripts and other scientific data disclosures
- Establish and maintain contacts with external partners such as university groups, KOLs, investigators, patient advocacy groups and consultants.
- Actively participate in relevant scientific meetings and education
Key Things About You:
- An experienced Medical Affairs leader with 10+ or more years of international bio-pharma industry experience with a strong background in Medical Affairs, particularly in the U.S.
- Experience in a high growth, late stage biotech organization preferred
- Significant Medical Affairs experience in Oncology and/or hematology is strongly preferred
- Hold an advanced life science degree, including MD, PhD and/or PharmD.
- Have previously built or expanded a Medical Affairs department with additional capabilities and experience driving successful launch and post-launch medical/scientific product support throughout the life cycle.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment and have demonstrated ability to align the Medical Affair function with the growth of a company or organization.
- Work effectively in a small team environment and can roll up your sleeves to ensure all department goals are achieved.
- An inspirational people leader, recognized for building and managing high-performing cross-functional teams.
- Naturally collaborative Medical leader who is able to drive exceptional cross-functional partnerships and scientific exchange with diverse internal and stakeholders.
- Have a strong compliance mindset and excellent understanding of relevant GCP, ICH and FDA/ EMA regulations.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Have excellent written and spoken English communication skills
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.