Head of Translational Sciences
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneering epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs.
At Constellation we know that our success as a company lies in the hands of individual employees across every element of our company. To foster this success, we strive to create a diverse, challenging, exciting, and fun work environment for all employees. We believe that each team member has the ability to impact and improve the lives of patients. We are #BrighterTogether.
As the head of our translational sciences team championing new molecular entities in the clinic, you will have an immediate impact on defining the path for each program. You will lead a team responsible for the evolution of our biomarker strategy, execution of biomarker assays, clinical sample logistics, and data analysis and interpretation. You will work closely with other key stakeholders in Research and Clinical to identify biomarkers that refine clinical development paths and guide patient selection. You will independently lead the establishment and implementation of clinical assays to determine patient molecular features at baseline and upon treatment with Constellation’s therapeutics and oversee the management of our biomarker work with external vendors and academic laboratories conducted on behalf of/in collaboration with us.
How you will spend your day:
- Enabling and guiding Constellation’s clinical trials from a translational perspective by overseeing the validation and implementation of biomarkers and contributing to the generation and testing of novel biomarker hypotheses
- Leading and mentoring a growing team of scientists working on clinical and preclinical programs
- Collaborating with the Research Team to generate data towards biomarker identification, biomarker credentialing and identification of useful drug combinations
- Evaluating clinical biomarker assay technology platforms to identify robust, timely and cost-effective biomarker assay solutions
- Selecting vendors and academic laboratories for biomarker assay implementation and execution; coordinate/manage their work flow and budgets and ensure timely delivery of biomarker data
- Contributing to the overall biomarker strategy for clinical trial support, including prioritization of optimal biomarkers to be evaluated, determination of appropriate tissue samples, relevant time points, and sampling processes
- Spend your day in a team-oriented mode of operation and collaborative work with peers in translation and colleagues in clinical and discovery to assess the utility and feasibility of candidate biomarkers
- Assisting the clinical operations team and potentially write the biomarker sections of clinical protocols, lab manuals and study reports
- Assisting the discovery efforts in prioritizing new targets for portfolio entry
Key things about you:
- Love working in a matrix organization, using the power of the team to accomplish lofty goals
- PhD., or equivalent degree is required
- At least 15 years relevant experience with a minimum of 10 years in industry
- You have firsthand knowledge of biomarker discovery and what it takes to translate preclinical outcomes into clinical assays and how to increase the probability of success in the clinic
- You have direct experience guiding the translational efforts of clinical development programs, including at least one small molecule development program
- Successful years immersed in the oncology space
- You can work with anyone, in any functional area
- Added intellectual, innovated value showcased by your publication record and novel thinking on prior clinical programs.
- Colleagues envy your communication skills; you have excellent interpersonal skills; effective at communicating with everyone.
- Working knowledge of genetic / genomic and / bioinformatic technologies to guide their application in translational approaches, especially in oncology
- Experience with Clinical Sample Logistics, oncology clinical trial design and using biostatistics preferred
- Immunology background or clinical experience with immune checkpoint inhibitors beneficial
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offer great benefits including all the usual important stuff, paid parking or commuter pass, flexibility, generous time off, favorite snacks and a Cambridge Athletic Club in the building.
If you are interested in joining Constellation’s team please submit your resume to the following address: email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.