Head of Technology & Applications
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a publicly traded clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small-molecule therapies based on its pioneering research in cancer epigenetics. With a decade of experience in the field, the company has an unparalleled understanding of how epigenetic regulators modulate gene expression in cancer cells and in the tumor and immune microenvironment. Constellation is translating these insights to advance the company’s two lead clinical programs, CPI-1205 and CPI-0610, and in novel targets for which cancer epigenetics may enhance outcomes over currently available treatment options.
Constellation is seeking a Technology professional to lead the evolution of our technology landscape as the company progresses towards commercialization. This leader will work closely with business partners, senior management, strategic partners, and other stakeholders to align informatics, systems infrastructure, applications, and ongoing investments to optimally support Constellation’s strategic goals. He/she will be responsible for overseeing groups of technology professionals, both internal and external partners, leading the evolution of Constellation’s IT infrastructure, Informatics and application landscape. He / she must bring strong leadership to the organization. The ideal candidate will balance the technical, “hands-on” aspects of this position and the ability to translate the company’s corporate strategy into long-term, scalable, practical solutions as the organization grows. He/she must also possess excellent communication skills to provide clear and business focused (non-technical) communications to senior management.
The successful candidate will be a confident leader, bringing both attention to detail and significant prior success in Information Technology, Informatics, scientific applications and business systems in the biotechnology industry. The successful candidate will have experience in a wide array of applications and infrastructure services from desktop systems to databases and from cloud storage to lab systems. This individual will also have knowledge of Drug Discovery solutions (e.g., Bioinformatics, LIMS, ELN, realization tools), SOX reviewed G&A systems (e.g. ERP, HR) and familiarity with CRO and Development systems that fall under 21CFR Part 11 oversight.
- Manage and prioritize a portfolio of related initiatives in the research, clinical development, and business organizations.
- Responsible for all Information Technology activities (strategy, architecture and operations)
- Collaborate with the senior management team and key research and development leadership.
- Accountable for creation and execution of a prioritized plan for all Informatics and IT projects and service implementations.
- Interface and coordinate with relevant functional groups to ensure timely execution of any IT/Informatics implementations, anticipating risks, and identifying potential mitigation strategies.
- Ensures effective communication within the company and across vendors to align IT with corporate strategy.
- Responsible for IT vendor processes including vendor selection, and relationship management
- Fosters a culture of ownership and accountability including continuous benchmarking, evaluation, recognition and continuous improvement
- Partners with Finance and functional leaders to develop budgets including capability and capacity needs, and monitors spend against budgets; develops scenario planning for decision-making
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all applicable regulations and that all internal teams are aware and driving compliance within their functions
- Maintain ongoing sense of industry trends, utilizing that knowledge to most effectively meet business needs.
- BS Computer Science (or related) and 15 years’ experience in life sciences industry, with a minimum of 5 years demonstrated leadership
- Outstanding leadership and management skills with an integrated view of business and scientific issues, and demonstrated passion for participating in high growth, high energy companies
- Strong project management skills; experience in organizing, planning and executing cross functional projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors. Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Experience with business process design and redesign
- Executive presence and the ability to credibly engage with management
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for delivering important new medicines to patients
- Hands-on experience building up an IT team and quickly evolving a portfolio of life science application and system solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in Sarbanes-Oxley or FDA-compliant systems
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.