Constellation Pharmaceuticals is focused on translating our fundamental expertise in chromatin biology into important small molecule therapeutics for patients in need. We are seeking a part-time Formulation Scientist to join our team and provide formulation support for our in-house pharmacology studies, preclinical and clinical small molecules. Main responsibilities include hands-on formulation for ongoing in-house pharmacology studies, and formulation development for novel small molecule research compounds. The ideal candidate will be independent, organized, detail oriented, flexible, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment. The role will be part-time, likely 3 to 5 mornings per week.
- Hands-on formulation development of novel small molecule research compounds using fit-for-purpose formulation and characterization techniques
- Preparation and testing of formulations to support in-vivo pharmacology studies
- Characterization and management of research compounds used in pharmacology studies
- Developing fit-for-purpose analytical methods to characterize formulations and determine the assay of prepared doses
- Maintaining a detailed and well-organized laboratory notebook and authoring of formulation and analytical methods
- Educating and training team members how to appropriately prepare formulations
- Developing and managing a formulation schedule to ensure proper coordination with the pharmacology team’s study plans
- BSc or MSc degree in formulation sciences, analytical chemistry, synthetic chemistry, or pharmaceutical sciences
- 2+ years of experience in pre-clinical formulation and/or analytical method development
- Experience with HPLC analytical method development and routine analysis
- Familiarity with other analytical techniques such as FT-IR, DSC, TGA, KF, ROI, XRPD, etc.
- Organized and detailed Laboratory Notebook management and record keeping
- Excellent organizational skills, and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral / written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to interact with a multidisciplinary team of internal and external collaborators
- Self-motivated, with a strong interest in pharmaceutical R&D
JOB CODE: FS-JL
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.