Field Medical Director
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneering epigenetics company, focused on the development of novel molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins for therapeutic applications in oncology. We are currently embarking on a phase 3 clinical trial in myelofibrosis for our lead product candidate, BET-inhibitor CPI-0610, and we are building an integrated global medical affairs team that will serve as a strategic partner in developing and commercializing this and other pipeline assets. Medical Affairs will serve as a bridge between our internal science and the clinical and research community. We are looking for passionate medical affairs professionals to be part of the future of epigenetics and gene control therapy! We believe that each team member can impact and improve the lives of patients and that we are #BrighterTogether!
We are looking for a seasoned medical affairs professional to take our medical strategy and external engagement to the next level as a Field Medical Director (FMD). The Field Medical Director plays a key role driving medical strategy, data generation initiatives and communicating our science to clinical investigators, as well as the broader scientific and clinical community. The FMD is responsible for fostering and maintaining collaborative relationships with influential members of the medical/scientific community to advance company, disease state and therapeutic awareness and serve as an expert in epigenetics/gene control within the context of the specified liquid or solid tumors.
In this role you will:
- Support the development and implementation of medical affairs strategy for Constellation’s key oncology compounds
- Identify and foster relationships with the medical community, thought leaders, and research community
- Develop and implement engagement strategies to accelerate clinical trial awareness and accrual
- Serve as an expert resource to provide scientific, clinical, and educational support to investigators, clinicians, and the KOL community through the dissemination of pertinent scientific, and clinical information on the underlying biology of disease as well as therapeutic landscape.
- Align and coordinate with key cross-functional stakeholders in R&D, Legal, Regulatory, and Commercial
- Provide high quality medical and scientific communications to internal and external stakeholders in various forums (e.g. advisory board meetings, roundtables, trainings, investigator meetings)
- Contribute to data-gap analysis and lifecycle management strategy for key compounds
- Contribute to management of Investigator-Sponsored Trials (IST), EAP and other programs
- Engage and oversee vendors involved with Medical Affairs projects and manage project timelines and budgets (e.g. advisory boards, congress coverage, data generation workshops)
- Thoroughly cover scientific and competitive intelligence; capture and report relevant insights to internal stakeholders
- Engage with KOLs and represent Constellation Pharmaceuticals at medical events, programs, meetings and conventions
- Ensure compliant medical communications; acts as a respected and highly credible scientific representative of Constellation Pharmaceuticals
- Provide medical review for external materials, trial design, and other internally planning documents
- As applicable, assists in the development of educational and training material and conducts training for internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Self-starter willing to roll up sleeves, go the extra mile in contributing to team goals
- Experience with late-stage oncology development and product launch
- Experienced in planning and execution of scientific studies and clinical trials
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key thought-leaders
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills (including presentations)
- Quality of judgment and decision making
- Adherence and compliance with all required regulatory and GCP guidelines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Advanced Degree required (MD, PharmD, or PhD in relevant field)
- Broad knowledge of general medicine with a focus in oncology, Hematology/oncology experience preferred
- 5-10 years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Field based position, with up to 50-75% travel, mostly domestic
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.