Director | Translational Sciences
The Translational Sciences Department is looking for an experienced group leader for our EZH2 team, which is responsible for the translational development of our first-generation and 2nd generation EZH2 inhibitors currently in phase 1 and phase 2 clinical testing. The group leader will report to the department head of Translational Science and lead a group of Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. level scientists. We are #BrighterTogether.
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a premier epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs. Our translational capabilities are currently being expanded to ensure the differentiated clinical development of our clinical and pre-clinical assets and we seek talented and experienced individuals who want to participate in developing novel cancer therapeutics.
How you will spend your day:
- You will lead a group of Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. level scientists to develop and implement strategies for patient stratification, indication selection, combination therapy, and drug candidate differentiation
- You will represent Translational Science on the EZH2 franchise core team, which leads the clinical development and life-cycle management of both EZH2 programs
- Develop clinical biomarker testing strategies for all EZH2 clinical trials, collaborate with clinical team and clinical assay development team in clinical sample collection and testing, and communicate translational designs and findings with clinical investigators
- Author and review the translational sections of regulatory documents as well as scientific/clinical publications, and represent CNST to present translational findings at scientific congresses and investigator meetings
- Manage external collaborations with KOLs and clinical investigators aimed at gaining a deeper understanding of MOA and the development of patient stratification biomarkers
- You will assemble and manage a high-performance translational team to ensure successful preclinical and clinical development of EZH2 programs
Key things about you:
- You will hold a Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology, medical science, or related fields
- You will be able to offer at least eight years of drug development experience in industry
- You will have at least five years of management experience in industry, with adequate experience in managing Ph.D. level scientists
- You have developed deep experience leading biomarker testing in clinical trials for oncology drug development
- You also have experience with small molecule drug development
- You can demonstrate an outstanding track record of scientific achievement and excellent soft skills
- Deep understanding of epigenetics is highly preferred
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.