Director of Translational Sciences
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a premier epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs. We are expanding our translational capabilities to ensure the differentiated clinical development of our clinical and pre-clinical assets and we look for talented and experienced individuals who want to participate in developing novel cancer therapeutics. We are #BrighterTogether.
The Translational Sciences Department is looking for an experienced group lead for our newly formed Rising Star team, which is responsible for the preclinical and translational development of our upcoming clinical stage drug candidates. You will report to the department head of Translation Science and lead a group of Ph.D. and non- Ph.D. level scientists. You will guide the group in developing translational strategies for each program, such as disease indication selection, PD and patient selection biomarker identification, dose/scheduling strategy, combination strategy, and drug candidate differentiation, etc. If you have successful experience in filing multiple INDs and extensive expertise in preclinical and clinical translational biomarker development this is the new role for you. Outstanding track record of scientific achievement is required. Prior experience in managing a group of Ph.D. level scientists with excellent soft skills is a must-have. Deep understanding of epigenetics is preferred.
A few more key things about you:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology, pharmacology, medical science, or related fields is required
- At least eight years of drug development experience and minimal 5 years of management expertise in the industry is required
- Experience in IND enabling studies and multiple IND filings with small molecule oncology drugs are required
- Experience in preclinical and clinical translational biomarker development is required
- Basic understanding of toxicology, DMPK and clinical pharmacology is required
- Knowledge in oncology clinical trial design is preferred, experience in CDx development is a plus
How you will spend your day:
- Lead a group of Ph.D. and non- Ph.D. level scientists to conduct preclinical and translational drug development from candidate nomination to phase I, by developing action plans, strategy and go/no-go criteria at each stage of this process.
- Guide the group in developing translational strategies for each program, such as disease indication selection, PD and patient selection biomarker identification, dose/scheduling strategy, combination strategy, and drug candidate differentiation, etc.
- Oversee all interactions with DMPK and toxicology consultants related to IND enabling studies and IND filing.
- Working with translational lead to guide epidemiology studies to understand biomarker prevalence and biomarker interplay with prognostic biomarkers and biomarkers for SOC, across lines of therapy in solid tumor and hematologic cancer indications of interest.
- Lead the effort of exploring new biomarker assay platforms to enable high-quality analysis of preclinical and clinical biomarkers.
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.