Contract Research Associate – Biology
The Biology Department is seeking a contract Research Associate to conduct oncology target validation in a highly collaborative, goal-oriented team environment. The position requires excellent time management skills and hands-on experience with commonly used techniques in molecular and cell biology.
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- S./M.S. degree in life sciences with at least 1 year of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting. Experience in cancer biology and/or chromatin biology is a plus.
- The candidate will be expected to conduct hands-on laboratory work to generate and analyze data. You will be responsible for designing and executing cell-based phenotypic and mechanism of action studies using a variety of assay platforms.
- Strong communication and organization skills, keeping good scientific records, and giving updates at team meetings are required.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across diverse areas, ability to develop and evaluate novel assays for a wide variety of biological/phenotypic endpoints and to support general research activities within the group.
Key Skills required:
- Mammalian cell culture experience with tumor cell lines or primary cultures, including assessment of proliferation in 2D and 3D culture, cell cycle progression and apoptosis.
- In depth knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques including transfection (cDNA, siRNA, shRNA and/or CRISPRs), retro/lentiviral production and transduction, quantitative PCR, cloning/mutagenesis, and protein analysis – immunoprecipitation, SDS-PAGE/Western blots.
- Good working knowledge of MS office, data analysis and graphing software
*This is a 3-4 month contract position*
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.