Computational Biologist | Functional Genomics
The Functional Genomics group at Constellation seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic Computational Biologist to be a part of an integrated computational/experimental biology team that supports discovery and translational research in the area of chromatin-mediated transcriptional regulation. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in bioinformatics in the context of oncology drug discovery, experience manipulating large genomic datasets, and a desire to contribute to an evolving and diverse drug discovery pipeline. The position requires the ability to succeed in a dynamic, goal-oriented and highly collaborative environment. We are #BrighterTogether
How you will spend your day:
- Performing integrated analysis on internal and external omics datasets
- Manipulating, analyzing, and visualizing large cancer genomic datasets
- Formulation of therapeutic and biomarker hypotheses based on the identification of oncogenic driver events, synthetic lethality, and other events associated with context-specific dependencies
- Collaborating with a cross-functional Target Discovery team to generate compelling data packages for target portfolio entry
- Identifying new sources of clinical cancer genomics data from the literature and other public data disclosures
- Communicating data to broad scientific audiences at internal meetings and external conferences
Key things about you:
- You have a Ph.D. in computational biology/bioinformatics with 5+ years of post-graduate experience in an oncology setting
- Proficiency with R and Bioconductor, Perl, version control, common bioinformatics tools, Linux.
- Experience with NGS experiment design and data analyses, epigenomics and transcriptomics
- Ability to work independently and to execute analysis projects in parallel
- Flexibility to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to interact across functional groups
- Understanding of current scientific literature and willingness to explore new areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.