Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a pioneer epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our unique discovery platform integrates our understanding of chromatin-regulatory mechanisms with cancer and immune pathways to optimize our drug discovery activities and fully enable the clinical translation of our programs.
We are seeking a computational biologist to expand our capabilities in chromatin research and application of genomic techniques to support drug discovery and clinical development. We offer the opportunity to build on cutting-edge research in chromatin biology and make a difference for patients.
- Collaborate with scientists in discovery, pre-clinical, and translational programs to design experiments and analyses to further our drug development efforts.
- Analyze genomic data, including ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, DNA-seq, with the aims of refining target hypotheses, identifying biomarkers, supporting mechanism of action studies, and determining the best clinical contexts for our therapeutic compounds.
- Support new target identification through data mining and analyses of internal and publicly available functional screening datasets.
- Provide statistical support to scientists.
- Expand our platform of omics and other data to allow informed analyses and visualization.
- Identify and triage novel commercial and academic methods and tools to position Constellation at the cutting edge of the field of chromatin biology.
- Identify key external scientific advisors and efficiently incorporate knowledge relevant to Constellation into practical use at the company.
- Present and interpret results to the scientific and clinical teams, and document the impact of bioinformatics work on company decisions in order to prioritize future work.
- D. degree or M.S. degree plus substantial work experience in bioinformatics, statistical, computational, biological or other relevant science.
- Experience with NGS experiment design and data analyses, including biological functional analysis of expression data.
- Proficiency with R and Bioconductor, Perl, version control, common bioinformatics tools, Linux. Knowledge of cloud computing and modern software development.
- Familiarity with database design and implementation for storage and transfer of public and internal omics datasets.
- Experience in immuno-oncology and/or chromatin biology/epigenetics is desirable.
- Experience bringing biomarkers from preclinical discovery through clinical validation and use is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.