Computational Biologist | Functional Genomics
The Functional Genomics group at Constellation is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Computational Biologist to be a part of an integrated computational/experimental biology team that identifies and validates novel oncology and immuno-oncology targets in the area of chromatin-mediated transcriptional regulation. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cancer biology, experience manipulating large genomic datasets, and a desire to contribute to an evolving and diverse drug discovery pipeline. If you want to be in a dynamic, goal-oriented and highly collaborative environment this is the role for you! We are #BrighterTogether.
How you will spend your day:
- Manipulating, analyzing, and visualizing large cancer genomic datasets
- Formulation of therapeutic and biomarker hypotheses based on the identification of oncogenic driver events, synthetic lethality, and other events associated with context-specific dependencies
- Working with bench scientists to design and interpret functional genomics experiments for target validation
- Collaborating with a cross-functional Target Discovery team to generate compelling data packages for target portfolio entry
- Identifying new sources of clinical cancer genomics data from the literature and other public data disclosures
- Communicating data to broad scientific audiences at internal meetings and external conferences
Key things about you:
- Ph.D. in cell or molecular biology (or similar) or computational biology/bioinformatics, or MS with 3+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in cancer biology and understanding of the principles of cancer genetics
- Direct experience with and understanding of R (or similar) and database tools for the manipulation of large datasets
- Experience with analyzing genomic datasets to identify targets and biomarkers in an oncology setting
- Ability to work independently and to execute analysis projects in parallel
- Flexibility to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to interact across functional groups
- Understanding of current scientific literature and willingness to explore new areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.