Senior Scientist | Computational Chemistry
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development of novel tumor-targeted and immuno-oncology therapies based on its pioneering research in cancer epigenetics. With over a decade of experience in the field, the company has an unparalleled understanding of how chromatin biology modulates gene expression. Constellation is translating these insights to advance the company’s two lead clinical programs, EZH2 and BET, in addition to a portfolio of novel targets for which cancer epigenetics plays a central role.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced computational chemist to join our discovery research team. Experience with ligand-based and protein-based drug design, scaffold morphing, conformational analysis, data handling and cheminformatics is desired. Knowledge of the various commercial modeling tools; contributions as a member of successful multi-disciplinary teams; and an understanding of the key aspects of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery is also expected. This position includes the responsibility for the development and execution of the computational chemistry strategy across our drug discovery portfolio. The successful candidate will be flexible, independent, organized, detail oriented team player. We are #BrighterTogether.
Key things about you:
- Ph.D. or equivalent in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, physics, or chemistry with >5 yrs industrial experience in computational chemistry applied to small-molecule drug discovery
- Ability to work independently as well as in close collaboration with multidisciplinary drug discovery teams of medicinal chemists, biochemists, biophysics scientists, biologists, structural biologists, pharmacologists and external collaborators
- Experience applying modelling to improve potency, selectivity, and pharmacokinetic profiles both independently, and in parallel as part of multi-parameter optimization.
- Proficient with the use of commercial platforms such as Cresset, CCG, OpenEye and/or Schrodinger for application to ligand docking, pharmacophore modelling, MD simulations, building QSAR/ADMET models, cheminformatics, HTS triage, enumerating and profiling large virtual libraries and the design of small, focused libraries for synthesis.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (eg. Perl, C/C++, Java, Python) and knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems and utilizing cloud computing where needed.
- State-of-the-art knowledge of standard and advanced computational methods.
- Proven track record of sustained high performance and innovative project contributions, including patents, presentations and/or peer-reviewed publications.
- Effective communication of hypotheses, SAR analysis, structural designs / docking experiments using graphics tools and interactive sessions.
- Able to engage and influence senior leadership in strategic discussions.
- Excellent oral / written communication and presentation skills.
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.