Associate Director/Director – Immuno-Oncology
We are a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company using expertise in epigenetics to discover and develop novel therapeutics that address serious medical needs in cancer patients.
Our integrated epigenetics, immunology and bioinformatics platforms enable us to identify and validate targets and generate small molecules that selectively modulate gene expression in tumor and/or immune cells to drive anti-tumor activity and overcome resistance to conventional immunotherapeutics. Our experienced team have a deep understanding of the biology of gene regulation by epigenetic regulatory proteins resulting in the development of small-molecule product candidates that selectively modulate their activity. We target a broad variety of tumor and immune-centric epigenetic regulators using our platforms and have generated development candidates acting against distinct classes of those regulators.
We need a driven immunologist to join our immuno-oncology group to help shape the early immuno-epigenetic target discovery and drive the strategy and prosecution of exciting, novel, and cutting-edge immuno-oncology drug discovery programs. You will report to the Head of Immuno-Oncology, be a key scientific leader of Constellation immuno-oncology and cross-functional research teams and collaborate with the research leadership team to evolve and implement Constellation’s research and translational strategy. Join us in our discovery of novel therapeutics and be #BrighterTogether with us.
How you will spend your day:
- Leverage your expertise in cancer immunology, T and myeloid cell biology to guide the identification of novel cancer immuno-epigenetic targets, gain an in-depth understanding of the biology of immuno-epigenetic targets of interest and the overall impact of inhibiting them with small molecule inhibitors.
- Lead a team of immunologists; help each person achieve their goals and develop professionally.
- Provide scientific and strategic leadership to research teams to advance new drug discovery programs.
- Work with the translational team to strategize and prioritize cancer indications and patient stratification.
- Work as a team with computation immunologists/biologists, biologists and chemists to maximize the value of Constellation’s discovery pipeline.
- Keep up with external science and emerging immunotherapeutic data, attend scientific meetings and contribute to presentations.
Key things about you:
- PhD or MD/PhD in immunology or 7+ years of research experience in immunology and/or immuno-oncology.
- 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Publications in top scientific journals and participation in immunology drug discovery projects.
- Specific expertise in T cell, dendritic cell and macrophage biology
- Knowhow in in vitro phenotypical and functional immune cell-based assays and in vivo studies/readouts
- You have a record of advancing drug discovery programs in therapeutic areas of immune-oncology and/or immunology.
- You are self-motivated and have strong communication skills, as well as outstanding collaborative and teamwork skills.
- You love managing teams and have many success stories about doing so.
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.