Associate Director/Director of R&D Finance
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company using its expertise in epigenetics to discover and develop novel therapeutics. Our employees are our single greatest asset. We know that our success lies in the hands of each individual in every corner of the company. We strive to create a work environment that is diverse, challenging, exciting, and fun. We believe that each team member has the ability to impact and improve the lives of those we work with, and those we work for—our patients. We are #BrighterTogether.
This is a unique opportunity to join a newly created role as Constellation enters late-stage clinical trials and begins to prepare for commercialization and launch of its lead product candidate. Reporting to the Sr. Director, FP&A, the R&D Finance Director will work with the Clinical Development Operations organization and partner across the Development organization, including CMC and Translational.
This individual will lead all activities related to the business planning cycle for Clinical Development organizations (forecasts and annual budget). This individual will also provide oversight to month-end accounting close activities for Clinical Development.
In this role you will:
- Oversee the monthly close process, satisfying PO accrual requirements, identifying clinical study modeling inputs, and recording related accruals
- Collaborate with Clinical Operations and external CRO’s to review and understand clinical contract terms and clinical development plans
- Develop and standardize financial reports to highlight variances between actuals and forecast, and deliver business insights
- Lead scenario planning and forecasting for new and ongoing trials
- Collaborate with Clinical Development and Project Management to identify financial risks and opportunities across the clinical organization
- Develop and continuously streamline the clinical accrual process with the support of R&D Finance Manager
- Work with Program Management to roll out a resource management tool and process, leading to better internal forecasting and resource planning
- Support external audits as needed
- Provide ad hoc financial analyses / data / reporting related to Development programs to summarize changes in forecasts
We are looking for people who:
- Offer 8+ years biotech/pharma experience
- R&D / Clinical Finance and accounting support/decision making support experience coming from a biotech/pharma
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Knowledge of drug development process and life sciences is required
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work with others as well as independently
- Strong business acumen and partnering skills
- Excellent modeling excel and powerpoint skills
- Knowledge of reporting systems (Adaptive Insights, GP)
- Strong understanding of GAAP and financial reporting
- Experience managing individuals in small accounting/finance team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, partnership status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.