Associate Director | Discovery Biology
We are looking for an experienced and motivated cancer biologist to join the Discovery Biology group at Constellation in order to help drive cutting-edge oncology drug discovery programs. You will report to the Head of Discovery Biology and be a key scientific leader supporting Constellation’s drug discovery programs. We are #BrighterTogether.
How you will spend your day:
- Providing scientific and strategic leadership to project teams to advance new small molecule drug discovery programs.
- Leading a team of internal scientists on experimental design, execution, integrated data analysis, and interpretation
- Contributing to the advancement of programs by developing cell-based assays to support drug discovery campaigns and designing in vitro and in vivo studies that support the mechanistic understanding and disease rationale for candidate targets
- Collaborating with the functional genomics team to generate novel oncology target opportunities
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary drug discovery project teams to advance programs from validation to clinical candidate selection
- Interpreting, summarizing and presenting research findings at internal and external scientific meetings
Key things about you:
- PhD or equivalent in Cell & Molecular Biology or related discipline. Expertise in chromatin biology or cancer epigenetics a plus
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience including as a project team lead/co-lead
- Track record of productivity in oncology research as demonstrated by publications in high impact peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Experience leading small molecule oncology drug discovery project teams in various stages including target discovery/validation, lead optimization to IND-enabling studies
- Demonstrated experience leading and supervising internal project teams as well as prior experience working with CROs or academic collaborators
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and excellent problem-solving ability
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at email@example.com
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.