Associate Director | Translational Sciences Computational Biology
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a premier epigenetics company, focused on the discovery and development of novel, small molecules targeting chromatin regulatory proteins in tumor and immune cells for therapeutic applications in oncology. Our translational capabilities are being currently expanded to ensure the differentiated clinical development of our clinical and pre-clinical assets and we look for talented and experienced individuals who want to participate in developing novel cancer therapeutics.
Constellation Pharmaceuticals seeks an experienced computational biologist to lead the newly established translational sciences computational biology function. You will provide technological and scientific leadership in applying state-of-art approaches in biomarker and companion diagnostic (CDx) development of our clinical stage small-molecule epigenetics oncology programs. Work closely with translational leads, internal bioinformatics support and CROs to establish methodology and generate high quality results in clinical & preclinical biomarker data analysis, data mining, and biomarker identification. We are #BrighterTogether
How your will spend your day:
- Identifying and implementing the most suitable approaches to analyze clinical and preclinical biomarker data in order to evaluate patient stratification and pharmacodynamic biomarker hypothesis
- Establishing data mining strategies for biomarker and indication identification for clinical and preclinical stage programs
- Managing bioinformatics and computational biology consultants and CROs to support biomarker identification and validation for all translational programs
Key things about you:
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, or equivalent training with 5+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotech settings
- Experience with clinical biomarker data analysis for oncology drugs
- In-depth knowledge of NGS genomic data analysis (DNA-seq, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, etc.) and bioinformatics tools (BWA, SamTools, GATK, FreeBayes, MuTect, VarScan etc.)
- Proficient in programming in R, Python and modern scripting languages
- Expertise in cloud computing, machine learning, pipeline building and automation
- Ablility to collaborate with translational and preclinical scientists and to apply the most suitable approach to answer translational questions
- Strong management and interpersonal skills are required. Experience of managing computational biology or bioinformatics consultants or CROs are preferred.
Don’t see the position you’re looking for? We want to hear from you regardless! Please submit your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Constellation Pharmaceuticals recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at Constellation Pharmaceuticals in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is a participant in E-Verify.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.