At Constellation all of our employees are committed to meeting the unmet medical needs of patients. We are passionate about our work and strive for scientific breakthroughs, viewing each day as an opportunity to learn from one another. At Constellation we work hard and play hard. Whether it’s a charity bike race, family fun or getting together after work, we enjoy our colleagues’ company outside of the labs and meeting rooms. We believe that the key to a successful company are passionate, challenged, appreciated, and rewarded employees.
We are looking for the following full time positions to join our organization, contribute to an outstanding research, development and business team and be part of the next major product engine leveraging insights from the rapidly expanding field of chromatin biology to discover and develop small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, inflammatory/immunologic disorders and other diseases.
Senior/ Principal Research Associate – Biology
Department of Biology is looking for an experienced senior level research associate to conduct oncology target validation and drug discovery project support in a highly collaborative, goal-oriented team environment. The position requires excellent hands-on experience with commonly used techniques in cancer cell biology and/or chromatin biology.
- B.S. /M.S. degree in life sciences with at least 5 years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting. Experience in cancer biology and/or chromatin biology is required.
- As a senior level RA, you will be expected to conduct hands-on laboratory work and to generate and evaluate data. You will be primarily responsible for execution of experiments to understand the mechanism of target action in the context of disease-relevant molecular pathways and to prioritize targets for our oncology drug discovery pipeline.
- Strong communication and organization skills, keeping good scientific record, and giving updates at team meetings is required.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across diverse areas ability to develop and evaluate novel assays for a wide variety of biological/phenotypic endpoints and to support general research activities in the group.
Key Skills required:
- Excellent cell culture experience with cancer cell lines, setting up multi-well assays and using fluorescence and luminescence based read-out as a functional endpoint.
- In depth knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques including chromatin immunoprecipitation, cell transfection (cDNA, siRNA, shRNA and/or CRISPRs), stable cell clone generation, cloning/mutagenesis.
- Experience with 3D cancer model systems to study the role of candidate targets in cancer is preferred.
- Familiarity with sequencing technologies and genomic library preparation is a plus
- Good working knowledge of MS office, data plotting and graphing software
JOB CODE: SRABSI
Research Associate – Biology
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is committed to developing cutting edge therapies based on our understanding of how epigenetic mechanisms impact important cellular processes, including transcription, replication and DNA repair in the areas of oncology and inflammation. We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with a background in cell biology/molecular biology to support drug discovery in a highly collaborative, goal-oriented and fast-moving environment. This position requires excellent time management skills and strong expertise in cellular methodologies.
- Work closely with scientists to design and execute cell-based phenotypic and mechanism of action assays in a variety of assay platforms
- Generate, analyze, and catalog data with database tools such as ActivityBase and software tools such as GraphPad Prism
- Perform standard molecular biology and biochemistry techniques according to established protocols
- Document all work in electronic notebooks and file new protocols in SOP repositories
- Support work on several complex projects
- BS/MS in biology or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 1 year of postgraduate laboratory experience (industry setting preferred).
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and standard molecular biology techniques is essential
- Experience with a variety of cell-based assays (Cell Titer Glo, ELISA, high content microscopy, flow cytometry) is essential; familiarity with automation is preferred
- Ability to adapt to new roles in a dynamic working environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to successfully work as part of an integrated, interdisciplinary team.
JOB CODE: RABAC
Scientist – Immuno-oncology
At Constellation Pharmaceuticals we are pushing the boundaries of our understanding of how epigenetic mechanisms control transcription in health and disease, and by so doing we are discovering novel treatments for immune-mediated diseases and cancer. We now have an exciting opportunity for an Immuno-oncology Scientist. You will be responsible for the development of mechanistic in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo assays in the context of tumor immunology/cancer immunotherapy. Your role will be to discover and validate epigenetic targets, and to characterize small molecule compounds for advancing drug discovery programs. You will be expected to conduct hands-on work and to generate and evaluate data in the area of immuno-oncology, including phenotyping, differentiation and characterization of human and murine leukocyte subsets; adoptive cell transfer, Treg suppression assays, bone marrow chimeras, FACS, cell sorting, ELISPOT, ELISA and other immunologically-relevant techniques.
You will provide immuno-oncology representation in drug discovery programs and present at both internal and external meetings, and you will have the opportunity to publish work in peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD, or equivalent, and postdoctoral experience in immunology
- Experience in immuno oncology, especially with in vivo syngeneic models is a strong plus
- Strong publication record and expert knowledge of the basic immune response
- Direct, hands-on experience in executing major immunological techniques, in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo
- Track record of significant contributions to advances in immunology
- Experience with regulatory T cell biology is highly desirable
- Experience in drug discovery is not essential, but it is a plus, including:
- Track-record of biological support to teams developing small molecules (preferred) or protein therapeutics in the field of immuno-inflammation
- Direct, hands-on experience in generating PK/PD and disease models to support advancement of clinical candidates
JOB CODE: SIOSG
Scientist – Medicinal Chemistry
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is the leading company that seeks to translate our fundamental expertise in chromatin biology into important small molecule therapeutics for patients in need. We are looking for an entry level (0-4 years industry experience) synthetic organic chemist to join our team.
- PhD or Masters level synthetic organic chemistry
- Excellent laboratory skills
- Ability to work independently and to interact with a multidisciplinary team of medicinal chemists, biologists, pharmacologists and external collaborators
- Experience with structure-based drug design is preferred
- Proficient in identifying structure activity relationships (SAR) to address potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics and in vivo efficacy
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent oral / written communication and presentation skills
JOB CODE: MCJA
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – Lead Discovery
Our Lead Discovery group is seeking an RA/SRA with experience in Laboratory Robotics, Liquid Handling and Sample Management. This researcher will be responsible for compound plating, routine maintenance and operation of laboratory robotics, and troubleshooting process design to support the drug discovery programs in an automated environment with minimal supervision.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of liquid handling technologies and be able to troubleshoot routine equipment issues. Experience in compound management in a high throughput screening facility and an ability to impact process design is preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
- A B.S. degree in a science related field with a minimum of 2+ years industrial experience is desired.
- The researcher will support the drug discovery process through assay ready plating and delivery of our small molecule libraries.
- Primary responsibilities include compound plating, robotic validation, and process design.
JOB CODE: RA/SRA-TP
Head of Medicinal Chemistry
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is the leading company that seeks to translate our fundamental expertise in chromatin biology into important small molecule therapeutics for patients in need. We are looking for an accomplished, highly motivated and creative medicinal chemist to join our multidisciplinary team as we grow this essential function.
The Candidate will:
- Develop and implement long-term chemistry vision within Constellation
- Lead our medicinal chemistry efforts in oncology and cancer immunology
- Contribute to the formulation and execution of our research strategy
- Build, lead and develop our team of talented and motivated medicinal chemists
- Collaborate broadly across our organization with our Biology, Cancer Immunology, Structural Biology, Lead Discovery, and Clinical groups
- PhD degree with 10+ years drug discovery experience
- Track record with multiple examples of successfully leading interdisciplinary teams and delivering innovative clinical candidates
- Passion for coaching and motivating colleagues at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with pharma IP
JOB CODE: HMCJ
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Immuno-oncology
We are adding to the team and now have an exciting opportunity for an Immuno-Oncology Research Associate. You will support the development of mechanistic in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo immunological assays and cellular analyses. You will contribute to the discovery and validation of epigenetic targets, and to the characterization of small molecule compounds in the context of drug discovery programs. As an RA you will be expected to conduct hands-on laboratory work and to generate and evaluate data in the area of tumor immunology and cancer immunotherapy, according to the following job requirements:
- Purification/isolation of primary immune cell types from human and mouse origin. Proficient in differentiation and activation of T cell subsets (Th1, Th2, Th17, iTreg, CD8)
- Experience with flow cytometry (FACS Canto, FACS Calibur)
- Familiar with cytokine determination techniques: ELISA, Luminex, qPCR
- Proficient in cloning and production of shRNA/lentivirus and use in RNAi studies
- Experience in cell sorting is a plus
- Familiarity with ex vivo analysis of mouse T-cells, tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes
- Experience with MDCS, TAMs, NKs and other tumor-relevant immune cells is a plus
- Basic knowledge of animal models of tumor immunology/ inflammation
- S./ M.S. degree in Immunology/ Molecular Biology with at least 2 years of work experience in immunology/immuno-oncology in academic or biopharmaceutical settings. Experience in chromatin biology is a plus
- Self-motivated team player, detail oriented, resourceful, the ability and desire to work in a challenging dynamic environment under tight deadlines are required
- Good oral and written skills
JOB CODE: RASG
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.