At Constellation all of our employees are committed to meeting the unmet medical needs of patients. We are passionate about our work and strive for scientific breakthroughs, viewing each day as an opportunity to learn from one another. At Constellation we work hard and play hard. Whether it’s a charity bike race, family fun or getting together after work, we enjoy our colleagues’ company outside of the labs and meeting rooms. We believe that the key to a successful company are passionate, challenged, appreciated, and rewarded employees.
We are looking for the following full time positions to join our organization, contribute to an outstanding research, development and business team and be part of the next major product engine leveraging insights from the rapidly expanding field of chromatin biology to discover and develop small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, inflammatory/immunologic disorders and other diseases.
Research Associate– Lead Discovery
Our Lead Discovery group is seeking a RA in Compound Management. This individual will be responsible for the execution of the day to day procedures necessary to accomplish the business critical function of compound management. This includes compound plating, inventory management and utilization of laboratory robotics. This individual will be critical to daily operations as well as troubleshooting process design to support the drug discovery programs in an automated environment.
- The candidate will have a scientific background, an aptitude for laboratory instrumentation, and an interest in working in a biotechnology environment.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of liquid handling technologies, be detail oriented and be able to troubleshoot routine equipment issues. Experience in compound management in a high throughput screening facility and an ability to impact process design is preferred.
- Strong documentation, communication, organizational and problem solving skills are required.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in a science related field with 0-3 years industrial experience is desired
- The researcher will support the drug discovery process through assay ready plating and delivery of our small molecule libraries.
- Primary responsibilities include the execution of work orders for compound plating, routine maintenance, quality control of instrumentation, utilization of inventory management software and communication with the internal scientific community.
Job Code: RA-SM
Principal Engineer/Platform Architect
As the Principal Engineer/Platform Architect, you will lead the design, implementation and growth of our information architecture. The successful leader will manage infrastructure and resources to meet organizational needs and will be responsible for working cross-functionally with all departments to identify long-term, scalable, practical solutions for research and operations as the organization grows. Projects will include (but are not limited to): selecting, implementing, extending and maintaining the company data storage and capture systems (Chem/Bio Registration, LIMS, ELN, SDMS), and data analysis systems to support pre-clinical and clinical efforts including Constellation’s high throughput screening (HTS) Platform. The individual will also be expected to grow and manage the company’s laboratory informatics infrastructure and provide informatics/engineering support as needed.
- BA or MA in Software Engineering, Bioinformatics, or related discipline, plus 7-10 years of relevant experience working in biotech
- 5-7 years of experience managing and implementing laboratory informatics and IT solutions in a biotech environment including requirements analysis, system architecture, systems integration, lab instrument integration and software development
- Solid scientific/ technical knowledge to be able to successfully ensure project scope and fit technology for applications, systems strategic roadmap and execution of all laboratory informatics solutions
- Experience with evaluating, implementing, integrating and managing scientific data management platforms including compound registration, ELN, LIMS, lab automation and data analytics systems (e.g., ChemAxon, IDBS, ArxSpan, Schrodinger)
- Prior experience and record of accomplishment leading cross-functional teams and delivering on schedule in a biotech environment
- Prior experience in successfully implementing, utilizing and leveraging outsourcing strategies
- Practical understanding of database design and development (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Practical expertise in software development to integrate systems (C#, ASP.NET, DNN, Sparx Enterprise Architect, etc.) and ability to troubleshoot software issues
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile development process
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to identify impediments to complex business and research processes and provide timely and cost-effective solutions
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and help others manage through change
- Strong written, oral and public speaking communication skills
- Knowledge of industry trends and ability to utilize that knowledge to determine the most efficient ways to meet business needs
JOB CODE: PEPARC
Senior/ Principal Research Associate – Biology
Department of Biology is looking for an experienced senior level research associate to conduct oncology target validation and drug discovery project support in a highly collaborative, goal-oriented team environment. The position requires excellent hands-on experience with commonly used techniques in cancer cell biology and/or chromatin biology.
- B.S. /M.S. degree in life sciences with at least 5 years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting. Experience in cancer biology and/or chromatin biology is required.
- As a senior level RA, you will be expected to conduct hands-on laboratory work and to generate and evaluate data. You will be primarily responsible for execution of experiments to understand the mechanism of target action in the context of disease-relevant molecular pathways and to prioritize targets for our oncology drug discovery pipeline.
- Strong communication and organization skills, keeping good scientific record, and giving updates at team meetings is required.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across diverse areas ability to develop and evaluate novel assays for a wide variety of biological/phenotypic endpoints and to support general research activities in the group.
Key Skills required:
- Excellent cell culture experience with cancer cell lines, setting up multi-well assays and using fluorescence and luminescence based read-out as a functional endpoint.
- In depth knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques including chromatin immunoprecipitation, cell transfection (cDNA, siRNA, shRNA and/or CRISPRs), stable cell clone generation, cloning/mutagenesis.
- Experience with 3D cancer model systems to study the role of candidate targets in cancer is preferred.
- Familiarity with sequencing technologies and genomic library preparation is a plus
- Good working knowledge of MS office, data plotting and graphing software
JOB CODE: SRABSI
Scientist – Immuno-oncology
At Constellation Pharmaceuticals we are pushing the boundaries of our understanding of how epigenetic mechanisms control transcription in health and disease, and by so doing we are discovering novel treatments for immune-mediated diseases and cancer. We now have an exciting opportunity for an Immuno-oncology Scientist. You will be responsible for the development of mechanistic in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo assays in the context of tumor immunology/cancer immunotherapy. Your role will be to discover and validate epigenetic targets, and to characterize small molecule compounds for advancing drug discovery programs. You will be expected to conduct hands-on work and to generate and evaluate data in the area of immuno-oncology, including phenotyping, differentiation and characterization of human and murine leukocyte subsets; adoptive cell transfer, Treg suppression assays, bone marrow chimeras, FACS, cell sorting, ELISPOT, ELISA and other immunologically-relevant techniques.
You will provide immuno-oncology representation in drug discovery programs and present at both internal and external meetings, and you will have the opportunity to publish work in peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD, or equivalent, and postdoctoral experience in immunology
- Experience in immuno oncology, especially with in vivo syngeneic models is a strong plus
- Strong publication record and expert knowledge of the basic immune response
- Direct, hands-on experience in executing major immunological techniques, in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo
- Track record of significant contributions to advances in immunology
- Experience with regulatory T cell biology is highly desirable
- Experience in drug discovery is not essential, but it is a plus, including:
- Track-record of biological support to teams developing small molecules (preferred) or protein therapeutics in the field of immuno-inflammation
- Direct, hands-on experience in generating PK/PD and disease models to support advancement of clinical candidates
JOB CODE: SIOSG
Head of Medicinal Chemistry
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is the leading company that seeks to translate our fundamental expertise in chromatin biology into important small molecule therapeutics for patients in need. We are looking for an accomplished, highly motivated and creative medicinal chemist to join our multidisciplinary team as we grow this essential function.
The Candidate will:
- Develop and implement long-term chemistry vision within Constellation
- Lead our medicinal chemistry efforts in oncology and cancer immunology
- Contribute to the formulation and execution of our research strategy
- Build, lead and develop our team of talented and motivated medicinal chemists
- Collaborate broadly across our organization with our Biology, Cancer Immunology, Structural Biology, Lead Discovery, and Clinical groups
- PhD degree with 10+ years drug discovery experience
- Track record with multiple examples of successfully leading interdisciplinary teams and delivering innovative clinical candidates
- Passion for coaching and motivating colleagues at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with pharma IP
JOB CODE: HMCJ
Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Immuno-oncology
We are adding to the team and now have an exciting opportunity for an Immuno-Oncology Research Associate. You will support the development of mechanistic in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo immunological assays and cellular analyses. You will contribute to the discovery and validation of epigenetic targets, and to the characterization of small molecule compounds in the context of drug discovery programs. As an RA you will be expected to conduct hands-on laboratory work and to generate and evaluate data in the area of tumor immunology and cancer immunotherapy, according to the following job requirements:
- Purification/isolation of primary immune cell types from human and mouse origin. Proficient in differentiation and activation of T cell subsets (Th1, Th2, Th17, iTreg, CD8)
- Experience with flow cytometry (FACS Canto, FACS Calibur)
- Familiar with cytokine determination techniques: ELISA, Luminex, qPCR
- Proficient in cloning and production of shRNA/lentivirus and use in RNAi studies
- Experience in cell sorting is a plus
- Familiarity with ex vivo analysis of mouse T-cells, tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes
- Experience with MDCS, TAMs, NKs and other tumor-relevant immune cells is a plus
- Basic knowledge of animal models of tumor immunology/ inflammation
- S./ M.S. degree in Immunology/ Molecular Biology with at least 2 years of work experience in immunology/immuno-oncology in academic or biopharmaceutical settings. Experience in chromatin biology is a plus
- Self-motivated team player, detail oriented, resourceful, the ability and desire to work in a challenging dynamic environment under tight deadlines are required
- Good oral and written skills
JOB CODE: RASG
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a participant in E-Verify and offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunities at this time.